Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Islaan Soomali to her Daughter- A Rejoiner

Abtigiis   

Islaan Soomali to her Daughter

Hooyo men are five:

Gacan-gaab: Please see 'The stingy Caruus'. After the caruus, he continues, "waa maxay? cuntada la karinayo hala tashiilo." When the woman says "waan afartan baxayaaye, labis iyo allab hala keeno", he says "safar baan u baxayaa". But usually the common tactic is to delay ‘wan-qalka’ ilmaha so that it coincides with the women’s ‘festivity’. Si aan waxba loo kala garan!

Gafuur-gaab: This one is in ‘angry mode’ always. But, mostly when other men-folks are around. Naagtiisu kama daba-hadasho buu ka helaa. Waa walbahaar socda and torobo-desciplinarian. If a song slips from the mouth of his woman, he is quick to say “maalaa yacni unbaad akhridaa, Islayaab qof weyn baad tahaye”. But himself, sometimes wuu ku qaad-qaadaa with a voice good enough only to be heard when announcing ‘the toilet is occupied’. For instance, when business really gets fine, he takes off his shirt and lets out “ Heegan aan ahaadoo Horseedo, waa la ii hanwaynye Hogaansho” like wadani.

Garaad-gaab: This one pretends to be the most munificent of all men. Among big crowds, he is the front-runner to say “anaa bixinaya”. Not that is bad, but at the same time, his women might not have changed her ‘dirac’ from the last ‘ciid’.

Gashi-gaab: Always muddy looking and pale, he is a believer in the ‘utilitarian concept of matrimony’. For what am I going to dress myself up? He better concentrates in breaking wood for the family and fixing mal-functioning lights [in urban setting]. Mostly, in Macawis/Pyjama and wiping sweat from the forehead.

Gunti Gaab: Having assured of ‘raaliyo’ at home, waa dayaday wayn kani. And he has perfected the art of ‘sophisticated shukaansi’. Tiisana wuu dharbaaxaa, tuu suuqa ku arkana “marakay alaab culus ooy wadatay u dhiibto, he asks if he can help more gleefully. A typical example is one the author saw who kept on asking a women whosaid she is married and her husband is abroad, “haa’ee, runta ii sheego, wax khilaaf ah miyaa jira dhexdiina???”

[Please add more].

Do women feel I have avenged for them in some measure? Trying to get back lost ground.

Abtigiis   

Run hadaad rabtid, liiskan ku majiro anigu. But that doesn't mean there aren't other catagories. HINT: moody, but mostly cheerful. Canaan'taa yara badiyaa. Otherwise, I am perfect! :D

Som@li   

^So is this thread part of the peace offering to the girls? lol :D , duulku si yar wax ku ma cafiyaan,kk