Deeq A.

To win the confidence of his new friends, President Biihi accuses Qatar of being behind the DP World dispute

30 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

I guarantee UAE will disappoint SL, , mark my word.

I am convinced that UAE thought can intimidate Ghelleh and use Somaliland as threat. They knew for sure they cannot put light between Djibouti and Ethiopia even if they had offered more shares.

The military base is the worst threat of sovereignity to Somalia, that Somalia is not even raising, but that is the only and best tool for Somaliland to get something out of all the port issue.

On the other hand its also concerning that the SFG thought can get some mileage out of this and will be making a big mistake. Should have made short and precise work of it and move on.

Whenever I see Somalis arguing in terms of America, Ethiopia, UAE, Turkey, Qatar...and not Farmaajo, Bixi..etc they are hiding something and its all downhill, nothing fruitful comes out since do not address each other.

3 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

I am convinced that UAE thought can intimidate Ghelleh and use Somaliland as threat. They knew for sure they cannot put light between Djibouti and Ethiopia even if they had offered more shares.

The military base is the worst threat of sovereignity to Somalia, that Somalia is not even raising, but that is the only and best tool for Somaliland to get something out of all the port issue.

On the other hand its also concerning that the SFG thought can get some mileage out of this and will be making a big mistake. Should have made short and precise work of it and move on.

Whenever I see Somalis arguing in terms of America, Ethiopia, UAE, Turkey, Qatar...and not Farmaajo, Bixi..etc they are hiding something and its all downhill, nothing fruitful comes out since do not address each other.

Rubbish. The military base is good for Somaliland. Somaliland should be trained and equipped by the Emirates. What’s your problem, OO? 😆

5 hours ago, Tillamook said:

Rubbish. The military base is good for Somaliland. Somaliland should be trained and equipped by the Emirates. What’s your problem, OO? 😆

You see. You get easily confused since you see verything from America or Ethiopia.

As for military bases, from Ethiopias stand point primarily its Somalilands choice but regardless who they choose its always a good source of income to Ethiopia.

Nobody in all of East Africa has set up shop that does not have arrangement with Ethiopia, even when countries send peace keepers to South Sudan whether Europeans, Japanese, Chinese, Americans, Russians all have arrangement with Ethiopia. All the bases in Djibouti even the French have arrangement with Ethiopia and they pay money for it.

What I said was if Somalia was talking about sovereinity then UAE military base would be the highest question of sovereinity more than port services, but SFG did not raise this issue as important. That was my point.

I suggest you stop and think in a wider way than America or Ethiopia. These are countries with their day in the sun, but not forever. So I would suggest start from a Somali perspective instead of Tigray and then only as second thought the Somali. Not helpful.

BTW if the Bedewin thing is bothering you please ignore it. For me there is nothing more Bedewi thinking than what UAE person from DP said

'They civilized Djibouti people actually even worst humanized. Only a Bedewi cultured can say that. Its my hope and I am confident that in due time Ghelleh will respond to that and humanize school this Bedewi.