Sign in to follow this  
Deeq A.

Ethiopia, Africa’s Yugoslavia dismembered

Deeq A.   
download-7.jpg
By Ahmed Abdi
Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn submitted a letter of resignation, the state-affiliated Fana Broadcasting Corporate station reported on Thursday.
“I see my resignation as vital in the bid to carry out reforms that would lead to sustainable peace and democracy,”  PM Hailemariam Desalegn said on Thursday.
The elites of the ruling party of Tigray People’s Liberation Front (ONLF) accepted his resignation very quickly.
The resignation of Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn comes after two years’ political turmoil caused by mistrust between the ruling party of Tigray Peoples Liberation Front and Amhara.
With the help of the giant Oromo nation,  Amhara wants to defeat their traditional rival of Tigray, once for all, to form a centralized government after a quarter-century of Federalism.
The roots of the present Tigray-Amhara conflict goes back centuries of supremacy and language imposition as well as force intermarriage from the Amhara raw-meat eaters.
Tigray’s main concern is that if their former master took the power they will likely be subject to humiliation. They have legitimate grievances after living under repressive Amhara rulers for centuries.
Tigray exit is the only solution that can save Tigray people from extermination. But that seems too late now.
The roots of the present Oromo-Amhara conflict lie in the late 1800s when the independent Oromo nation was conquered by Abyssinians who were creating an empire.
Menelik executed millions of Oromos but that was only the beginning of centuries’ subjugation.Oromo ethnicity survived from the lowest point of modern day slavery. But their struggle seems to continue till an independent state of Oromia.
Ogaden region has always been a foreign issue in terms of Ethiopian politics and ONLF sit down with TPLF generals this week to gain its main goal: Referendum.
Afar-land, Gambella, Sidama and Benishangul leadership is muted these days. They are waiting to speak out when their time is right. I don’t think that they will accept another century of Abyssinian repression.

Sign in to follow this