Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

On Second Thoughts: Italia 90

BOB   

Waar ninyahow beryahan kubad maan daawan kowdheh, dee waa maxay waxa ka socdaa Liverpool?

Peace, Love & Unity.

^Did you say it was your first WC? Illaa baby baad ahayd mise Burcaan TV soo gaarin.. :D Jokes aside, I think 1990 was one of the most exciting WC ever played. It was the rise of the African Nations talents and the great moments the legend Roger Miller show cased in that WC.

N.O.R.F   

Show nuunuu baad tahay heh

Too bad. Thats when it started to get boring. Best games in 98

Nigeria vs Spain

England vs Argentina

Holland vs Argentina

Brazil vs Holland

Best goal was between Owen vs Argentina and Bergkamp vs Argentina.

That was the last WC I watched in Xamar-who could forget Milla and the Dutch trio. The 90 World Cup was the last WC some countries will ever play-by by Czechoslovakia :D

NGONGE   

^^ :D I only saw bits of the 78 world cup. But I watched the 82 one and still consider it one of the best ever. The 86 one was also great. 1990 was not as good as those two but still better than the American rubbish in 94. The 1998 world cup was not bad either. As for the rest, I'm sure even the kids here watched them. :D

Haatu   

All I remember is going from shop to shop buying chewing gums in the hope of getting Zidane's or Okocha's stickers. :D

NGONGE   

^^ We're not all Johnny-come-latelies like you, saaxib. Some of us started follwonig football before our sixteenth birthday. :D

(Well, except Tujiyee, he as always, only started when Vialli was made manager). :D