Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

World Cup 2010: South Africa from A to Z

N.O.R.F   

http://thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100713/SPORT/707129850/1004

D: Defensive Dunga’s Demise

Dunga, the Brazil coach, was cast as a pariah by his nation’s media for his willingness to disregard the Selecao’s tradition of playing beautiful football. Opting instead for defence-oriented tactics, Dunga approached the tournament having lost just four times in 55 games, but when his side crashed out to Holland in the quarter-finals, the former World Cup-winning captain was promptly dismissed.

E: El Diego

Diego Maradona dominated the 1986 World Cup and this summer he, once more, revelled in the global limelight. The charismatic Argentina coach’s press conferences were constantly great value as he refused to bite his tongue slammed, among others, Pele and Michel Platini. When La Albicelestes were winning “El Diego” was a delight to watch and when they were eliminated, he appeared emotionally ruined as he spoke of his heartbreak.

Tuujiye   

Norf so meesha hada waxaad nugu leedahay... Dunga waa la cunay oo qashinka baa la raacsiiye laakiin Maradona 4 sano kale ayaa loogu daray???

loool A&T in uusan sidaan kubad ku baraneynn waad ogtahee maad odayga u jilcisid! lool

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Abtigiis   

The overwhelming opinion of Brazillian football fans. Tuujiye, for your information. I know you don't understand when footie analysis is a bit sophesticated though. :D

We should retain the solid base built by Dunga for the near future and slowly rejuvenate the squad for 2014.

Personally, I'm going to miss the solidity that Dunga added to the Selecao. Remember, this team accomplished some things that no previous generation had done (like winning a competitive game in Uruguay) or very few generations had done (winning away in Argentina).

One thing I respect Dunga for is that he showed us how to deal with Argentina. Like I have said before, rather than revamping the system, let's improve upon Dunga's work by having a solid bench and doing a better job in the selection process.

Agree. We need to retain Dunga's achievements and improve in the areas where his team was weak. I think Brazil did play some beautiful games against Ivory Coast and Chile.

Tuujiye   

Saaxiib Dunga shaqo la'aan baa heysa oo uma malenayo in uu heli doono shaqo kale... Anaga lixda hadal oo lagu sasabaayo hanoo soo qorin...

Next time aan wax kaaga sheegno Football na dhageyso..maxaa yeelay! anaga waxaan nahay "ciyaartooy!" lool maqaayad biibito intaan fadhiisano fadhikudirir ma dheelno ee garoonka ayaan anaga fahan san'nahay....

Loox iyo qad soo qaado aan hingaada Football kuu bilownee.....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

N.O.R.F   

^ :D:D

A&T, one of the comments you posted there was about the selection process. Does that mean Brazilians were not happy with some of his selection?

Abtigiis   

Indeed. His selection had some problems and this is not about Ronaldinho and Adriano. It is about why Kaka would have to play when it is now clear he was not fit. It is about why he left out Diego, Carlos Eduardo and even Ganso.

Markaa odaygu qalad yar wuu sameeyee like any other coach. Even Del Bosque made those, but they only come to the light when you lose.

If you see how Brazil played against Holland and compare it how Spain did, you will notice Dunga's team was very strong. They dismantled Holland in the first half and as Ngonge said earlier it was hard to see how Holland will come back into the game, before they got that lucky break. I still think Dunga had a good game plan.

But I concede Brazil was boring for most of the time. And this has to do with him overdoing the defensive part. He should have selected two holding midfielders who also can pass the ball. I have always been against Gilberto Silva. And I thinbk Elano's absence hurted that day. But that is history. They lost and the attacking system must come back.

But I wonder if they will win the World Cup with all-attack mind-set like Argentina. Go to Argentinian blogs and you will see all the talk is we should learn how to defend. I thibk Dunga's tactical nouse will be missed by Brazil. Afterall, he didn't win the world cup, but his record is amazing.