Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Thanking Ngonge

Abtigiis   

I read all comments on the World cup, but was not able to respond. I don't think I should have done that even if I was able to. Ngonge was dishing out a very sound and educating analysis to the fickle highlight heroes in this forum time and time again. I relished that.

More than anything, what this world cup exposed is the shallowness of the analysis of people who started watching football during the Vialli-day. :D

Ngonge was spot on when he said England played well in their first game. I tend to agree with him. They certainly played better than I expected. I don't think they will play better than that in the next games.

But what surprised me most was that people are saying Capello has done this mistake and that mistake. Was it not because of Capello that everyone was saying England will win the World Cup in the first place? Otherwise, what has really changed? Who tested England by the way when all were tipping them to the glory of a World Cup? Two games against Croatia? Who else did they beat by the way?

I never bought the idea that Capello will transform a mediocre English team to something they aren't: World Beaters!

But the funniest thing I read so far was Norf's "SWP is a crap" thing. Is it the time to talk about who is crap and who is not? You said England will win this world cup and it matters to me least if SWP is crap or Capello fielded two midfielders who do not click togather (Gerard and Lampard); itself a cliche lent credence only because it has been repeated so much on the evasive British media. Like the other cliche, 'Hesky brings the best out of strike-partners.' :D:D

But Heskey played very well to me. He was one player who surprised me in the US game.

And if a team doesn't have a good goalie, is it not a big concern? Why would one think such a team will will a world cup or is even a good team, especially when the four men in front of the goalie include Tierry and Carragher.

Watching Premier league is deceptive. One watches Drogba making the most of the endless supply line and support of players like Malouda and think he will do the same for Ivory Coast. Well, it hasn't happened in the last four years and I don't think it is because Didier doesn't want to fight for his country. It is simply because he looks better than he is amid a team of stars.

Shabalala is not playing in the preimer league, but Makoena (Aron) is. Sometimes, people fail to see that there are great players who did not have the luck to break into big leagues. Just as there are some blessed by their mothers like Benjani, Yakubu and Mido who play for big teams when they probably are not good enough for local teams in their home country.

N.O.R.F   

Firstly welcome back :D

Secondly, you agree with Ngonge on England playing well but you don't state that you agree with me as well :D

Thirdly, SWP was aweful. Joe Cole would have done better and you know that.

Lastly, go to the WC thread badowyahow :D

Abtigiis   

Adeer norf, thanks for the welcome.

But, please easy with this so is better and so is not. Englans sent a squad of 23 and a coach and it is a collective thing. When they win, it is not all who contribute equally. Some play excellent some days, others have a bad day.

You will not hear me saying 'oh, Dunga should have played so and so' or Elano was poor or Gilberto Silva is the reason we lost. Yet, I know Gilberto Silva is a liability. Also Melo is not playing well. But I stand by my prediction, Brazil will beat everyone they need to beat and win this world cup.

Markaa, dee if SWP is crap and Capello's decision-making is bad, what are you saying? England is not winning? :D

As to making excuses, I don't think the English need you. Just see SkyNews and their media and you have experts in rationalising the failures of England. One Psychologist even suggested England lost because Rob Greene wore a Green Jeresy, and suggested yellow or Red.

:D:D

Nimankan Ingiriiska waalaguu yaqaan. We have no luck with penalties, coach made mistakes, refree bias, Maradona hand, etc etc, they have thousands of excuses. :D:D

Much worse happens to other teams but they still win. Brazil got a player red-carded in USA 94 against the host but yet won it.

N.O.R.F   

You need the English media. 99% of them don't know what they're talking about. I hear the papers have been very harsh on Green.

Capello's selection was good apart from the left side where Milner should'nt be playing and SWP shouldn't be in the squad. He was probably more concerned by Donavan's threat but Cole had him in his pocket (so he moved inside).

Waar its early days. Whats with the flying daggers ninyow?

NGONGE   

^^ Actually SWP played well and helped in defence (which is something your beloved Cole could not have done). He also attempted to attack when in posession and was in the right place for that shot that the keeper saved. Joe Cole is a great player but he would have struggled in this game (just like Milner). Overall, I reckon England played well, saaxib.

A&T, the English media actually hate Heskey (like Norf and others). But the so called cliche is correct. He does bring the best out of his fellow strikers and he (almost always) occupies the defenders to such an extent that the end up making mistakes. He might not be suited to a flair team like (Brazil, Spain or Argentina) but, for England, Germany or Italy, he is perfect.

BOB   

You can open as much threads as you wish but one thing will never change...people will always have different views than yours.

^^^and while you're at it try to accept and respect other people's views and stop attacking whoever disagrees with your dodgy and bias views.

Peace, Love & Unity.