Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Silanyo appointed Police Chief assassinated in Berbera

Mooge   

look at what siilanyo is doing. how do you build a port next to berbera for your clan? niyoow i feel sorry for people who support siilanyo. they are irrational people. berbera is a somaliland port and it needs to be supported, not undermined.

Saalax   

Mooge that is the failed policies of Silanyo for you. Furthermore

this deceased police chief was the same guy that was trying to

cause problems in Ceerigaabo but was transferred from there, I

guess he wasn't wanted in Saaxil either. Everyone agrees Silanyo

is actually responsible for his death indirectly since he kept

encouraging his nephew Casayr to try and cause problems for

the natives.

Saalax   

Published On: Tue, Mar 1st, 2016

Somaliland: Berbera Police Chief gunned down

BERBERA— Sahil Police Chief Brigadier Abdirisak Yusuf Asayr gunned down by unknown assailants on Tuesday nearby at El Gardi.

The assassination comes after the police chief informed Berbera port manager that the assailants who vandalized vehicles and other properties at El Gardi were apprehended and were in police custody.

Reports coming from Sahil region confirm that the police chief was ambushed and was shot to death by unknown assailants.

Tension remains high in Berbera, Saahil’s provincial capital but details are sketchy over who is responsible when it comes to carrying out the killing.

Some reports point an accusatory finger on Berbera manager and the mayor of being fueling clan hostilities in the Sahil region although we cannot confirm that.

http://www.somalilandinformer.com/somaliland/somaliland-berbera-police-chief-gunned-down/4/

said:

look at what siilanyo is doing. how do you build a port next to berbera for your clan? niyoow i feel sorry for people who support siilanyo. they are irrational people. berbera is a somaliland port and it needs to be supported, not undermined.

That small port Silaanyo is trying to quickly cobble together near Berbera-- if completed-- is meant to help minimize the storm of discontent which will surely be brewing within even his own closest allies and kin, once he leases out lock, stock and barrel the Berbera Port to foreigners.

Holac   

^^ that is an interesting view on the situation. I never understood the reasoning behind a second port.

Saalax   

said:

I never understood the reasoning behind a second port.

Contraband goods.

"According to our sources, Hersi Ali Haji Hassan, who claims to be at the head of a $40 million fortune, reportedly financed the construction of an improvised and unauthorised port at EilGerde. The intelligence services suspect him of wanting to import arms from Yemen to supply Al Shabaab radical Islamists."

Africa Intelligence

The port is being opened to Ethiopian business. Which means big business. And since the Somaliland government is nothing more than a group of tax collecting old diaspora men they each want apart of this money. Our people are tribalist so of course the tribes in the area want a piece of the pie. But Siilanyo has had his eyes on the port for years now. The government is very corrupt and only represents 60% of the claimed land.

I just wonder if the people calling recognition think its actually possible. And if recognition is just gonna solve all the problems in S/Land. The cloak of peace and democracy is far from spotless.