Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Football 101: lessons to the uninitiated Haatu

Abtigiis   

When I posted a thread on Dark Horses for the World Cup 2010, I was under the wrong impression that those who comment on the Sports section all understand what this Sports parlance stands for. Apparently, my impression was wrong. Haatu seems to confuse Dark Horses with Favourities.

He says Holland will be the Dark Horses in this world cup, when accoring to the latest FIFA ranking Holland is the 3rd Best footballing nation as we speak. This is even far more comical than Tuujiye's Serbia debacle.

Haatu also says A&T must be crazy to pick Chile as Dark Horses. I think he either misread Chile for China or has no information on the history of Chilean football. But I was not even talking about History. I was talking about a team that is on top form under Marcello Bielsa. They have been playing the best football next to Spain in 2009. If Haatu hasn't been watching, it is his problem.

I know Chile will not be winning the World Cup, but they certainly will go far and might cause a big upset against Spain. I tip them to qualify from their group.

Haatu   

lol :D Wax waalan.

War you got me there :D

My favourites as stated many times befor are the Netherlands. As for my Dark Horse, I say South Africa. Now I know they are ranked 88th in the FIFA world rankings, but they really inpressed me in the confederations cup that I believe they will progress along with France into the Last 16.

As for Chile, well my opinion is not important. And ofcourse I know how well they've been doing. They won 2 of their last 4 games and drew 1 against teams such as Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia and Ecuador. Pretty impressive if you ask me. But I still think you mad. :D