Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Ethiopia now wants to have a say in failed Somaliland-Somalia talks

Saalax   

By running to Djibouti Ina Bureeqa has opened a pandora box. Ethiopia

is thinking if Djibouti can why not us as well.

Dawladda Itoobiya oo Somaliland kala hadashay Kulankii Madaxweyne Siilaanyo iyo Xasan Sheekh ee Jabuuti iyo Doorashooyinka soo socda

http://www.somalilandpost.net/dawladda-itoobiya-oo-somaliland-wax-ka-weydiisay-kulankii-madaxweyne-siilaanyo-iyo-xasan-sheekh-ee-ku-dhexmaray-jabuuti-35912

Itoobiya oo ku Howlan Qorshe ay ku Cidhiidhsanayso Wada-hadalada Somaliland Iyo Soomaaliya

https://www.qarannews.com/itoobiya-oo-ku-howlan-qorshe-ay-ku-cidhiidhsanayso-wada-hadalada-somaliland-iyo-soomaaliya/

Not sure what Ethiopias role can be in these talks , the momentum is being created , the Ethiopians speak with two tongues one tongue they speak to the Mogadishu administration whom they protect against Alshabaab, and with one tongue with the Somaliland government. I wouldn't trust the Xabashis and the way they are using double diplomacy. One thing is certain its important to include some of the IGAD countries, Because the Europeans said any change in the HORN of Africa has to be an agreement with the IGAD states. i would say bring South Africa was a good former ally of Somaliland those relations need to be repaired and some countries in western Africa. For us it is important that these talks become international talks with real stake holders and where there is mediating force behind the talks. I say lets include Kenya to, Kenya has been very friendly towards Somaliland to for some time now.