Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Miami Fast Food: New fast food Restaurant in Hargeisa

Saalax   

H town = Hargeysa, it is a restaurant opened in Hargeysa.

"Miami Fastfood...no south beach though. H-Town stay down." Meaning this is not south beach, Miami

but Hargeysa.

Odey   

Tune in for statistics on the "fat child" syndrome in H town. Not everything is development!

At least western countries can afford healthcare as a result of explosion in obesity linked diseases such as diabetes, hypertension etc. but H town and Somalis in general cannot afford such healthcare. What should be encouraged is eating healthy and fighting "Fat". If I were a resident of H town, I would protest this development!

Tallaabo   

I don't think one odd restaurant would cause an obesity epidemic in Hargeisa. Maybe there would be a mini epidemic amongst the dhaqan celis folks, but that is the least of my concerns.

Safferz   

Odey;966942 wrote:
Tune in for statistics on the "fat child" syndrome in H town. Not everything is development!

At least western countries can afford healthcare as a result of explosion in obesity linked diseases such as diabetes, hypertension etc. but H town and Somalis in general cannot afford such healthcare. What should be encouraged is eating healthy and fighting "Fat". If I were a resident of H town, I would protest this development!

Traditional Somali food is also full of sugar and fat, perhaps even moreso than most Western cuisines. The difference is that people back home stick to three regular (and unprocessed) meals a day, most people do not have a fridge with food sitting around to 'graze' from and snack on constantly, and Somalis are generally more physically active than Westerners in their everyday routines.