Sign in to follow this  
GAROODI

Aljazeera Special: Citizen or Stranger (A look at Somalilanders in Europe)

Wadani   

You can't ask someone whether they are a Somalilander or a Somali, because one is a nationality and the other is an ethnicty, so they are both at the same time.

GAROODI   

Are the people of Djibouti somali or Djiboutian ??? Somali is an ethicity not a nationality there are ethiopian and kenyan somalis i am ethnically a somali from SOMALILAND i.e Somalilander. You are ethnically somali from Somalia i am assuming I.e Somalian.

Haatu   

GAROODI;964049 wrote:
Are the people of Djibouti somali or Djiboutian ??? Somali is an ethicity not a nationality there are ethiopian and kenyan somalis i am ethnically a somali from SOMALILAND i.e Somalilander. You are ethnically somali from Somalia i am assuming I.e Somalian.

There's no such thing as Somalian. Citizens in Somalia are simply Somalis.

Koonfurians think they are the only Somalis:D

Koonfurians believe Djiboutians are french but mastered the Somali language

Somalilanders are Somali diid

They believe Somalis in the NFD are related to Luhya and Luo and Kikiyus

They also believe Somalis in Galbeed are not Somalis but Xabashis

GAROODI   

Based on hatu definition. If that's the case why don't you give citizenship to all The Somalis in Djibouti, Kenya and Ethioipia lol. The people of Somalia are Somalians Saxib if not all Somalis would be citizens of Somalia. For example you just said all Arabs are Tunisians but its clearly not the case as an example

All in all the aljazeera documentary is very sad: because of th civil war we have entire generations lost forever who in actuality have little chance of ever permanently living back home. Sad indeed.

Somali and Somalian are both used although i believe Somalian sounds very unnatural like its forced or something. I also correct white people when they Somalian i say its Somalis.

Garoodi, Haatu is not Somali he is Kenyan, but he belongs to the Somali ethnic group.

GAROODI   

Xaaji Xunjuf;964066 wrote:
Somali and Somalian are both used although i believe Somalian sounds very unnatural like its forced or something. I also correct white people when they Somalian i say its Somalis.

Garoodi, Haatu is not Somali he is Kenyan, but he belongs to the Somali ethnic group.

See hatu you are ethnically somali but Kenyan nationality is it starting to make sense now

The other day i was at the bank and the woman was filling in the form for me and she asked are you a Somalian, i said noo she looked weird at me and i said i am a Somali, and than she said what is the difference lol. I in my mind thought if i tell her about Somaliland and the afro hashimites she might get more confused lol.