Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

NBA 2009

^I'm not happy. Blazers are in trouble ya gheele. 76ers just showed their youth, letting turkey uraaye get a clear shot? and the celtics heartbreak loss was the most exciting playoff game by far this season. On a positive note, go mavericks.

Talk about big foot perkins and his disappointing game?

I was praying that they will take him off sooner but I guess better late than never. In all honesty, perkins needs to be punished because his inability to be effective big man kept the bulls in the game and put the celtics in a position to tie the shot the last moment, it was just disgusting but nevertheless exciting to watch ray be ray again.

PS: do you believe the celtics checked out by the 2nd overtime? What was rondo doing? they stopped being aggressive and instead settled for outside shots. I really cant fault rondo for that last shot that could have won them the game, in any case, rondo was just outstanding.

SOL is finally back. LZG, yeah too bad Blazers didn't make it out, China man,Battier, and Artest were too good for the youngsters. As for Celtics, they were lucky to got out of that series, it would have been biggest upset of playoffs. I am still not confident with their game plays and ability to beat a tough teams. Only consistent players are Rondo and Ray Allen. Rest of them with the exception of some of the bench guys(house) are becoming irrelevant by the day. Let us see what they will come up in the 2nd round against Howard and the Turkiya.

Give me some predictions, who will come out of Dallas and Denver series? LA is still the clear winner out their tier with Rockets..

In the east, I am still favoring King James and his clan over any one in the eastern conference. Do you still doubt them? Even after that sweet sweep? I hope not!!

lol, say what you will say of the celtics but I think their series against the bulls allowed them to come together in time to jell as a team.

Mind you, quite a few injuries going around. Celtics front court is thinning by the series. In my opinion, I think loss or no loss, they will prevail against the magic and will face off your mighty king and the Cavs in the eastern conference finals.(u heard it here first)

I truly believe celtics have what it takes. CAVS HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE GREEN WARRIORS BEFORE THEY CAN GO BACK TO THE NBA FINALS AGAIN.

As for the denver and Mavs series, either one will do but I believe nuggets have what it takes to compete against Lakers and put on a great western conference finals show. With the exception of Kobe, Nuggets back court are far too talented for the Lakers back-court.

You know, I know, and all those that watch chauncey know the type of point he is and how he was deeply missed by his former team. Look at how great he is in making nuggets big buys look good on the court, dishing the ball left and righT?

Rockets are toast and let me just call it now, I WILL BE SHOCKED TO SEE THEM WIN A GAME OVER THE LAKERS.

N.O.R.F   

Well it's heating up nicely. I'm going for an Eastern winner. The Cavs or the Celtics will be beat the Lakers in the Final. Kobe can't do it on his own.

ps where is Playmaker?

^he is busy working. I didn't get to watch the full game lastnight between lakers and rockets, just the first quarter and didnt look too good for the lakers at that time. Rockets got on to a good start but I don't think they will have the same opportunities on game 2.

This morning, I was chewing on the highlights over breakfast and it was just disaster, a loss at home in L.A? thats huge but I wouldn't count the lakers or celtics out, I WANT A RE-MATCH but even if that isnt possible, I think a showdown between the two top teams in the league will be just as exciting to watch.

PS: Gheele, in defense of the celtics, when you get on to a slow start as they did on monday, you can't expect to rally behind, after all, d-howard is not the bulls or noah. In addition, don't forget, all the bulls wins game at overtime and it was between 1-3 points that decided those games. All in all, I give the bulls credit but this was celtics doing, they should have dominated the game as they have on GAME 2 against bulls and game 7, thats the celtics you will see come next game and against the cavs in the conference finals.

Oz   

Boston vs Orlando - Rashard Lewis and Hedo are soft. They are good players but they are finesse.

Howard, Pietrus, and Alston are the only guys that have scrappiness to them.

Boston is a team that usually does better after the first game. I expect them to win game 2 and game 3. This series will go 7 games in my opinion.

Dwight Howard can dominate the boards but when they throw him the ball in the post Perkins puts a body on him and suddenly his lack of skill shows.

Lakers vs rockets- t was a combination of both. The Rockets played good defense, but the Lakers missed a lot of shots they usually hit. If Trevor Ariza or Derek Fisher had hit their 3's in the 4th quarter the outcome might have been different.

I'm worried about the Lakers, but people are getting ahead of themselves. I'm not convinced Yao Ming will put up 28 and 10 in the series and Ron Artest will definitely not shoot over 50% in every game.

Cavs vs Hawks - I'm going to say Cleveland is going to win this in 5, 6 at the most. Don't see the Hawks pushing it to 7 .

Mavs vs nuggets - I just can't see the mavs winning this one. howard is hobbled, dampier cannot battle with nene, no one on their roster can defend melo, and carlisle's already making excuses blaming the refs. i say nuggets get off to a great start tonight as opposed to last game and cruise the rest of the way.

My final prediction Nuggets vs Cav's..

Who would have thought that Rockets would beat Lakers at home let alone 2 games. It seems them rockets are unstoppable and may even win the serious (I am still favoring LA to be winners.) Rockets have nothing to loose where LA needs to defend all of the hype and regular season record. Not to mention their pride!

Celtics, Celtics, ooh good Celtics what have happened? Their ups and downs are driving me crazy. Even if they get their act together and come out of this serious vs Magic as winners, I don't know how they are going to defeat the Cavs. Cavs will sweep the Hawks tonight and will get all the rest they need and who ever comes out of Celtics or Magic will have to deal with rested Cavs and the Lion KiNG. Cavs all the way!!

Can't wait to see the Mark Cuban and his nutcases going fishing early in the playoffs. Let the Marvs cry I say and let their tears soak the court, ooh boy, sweet sweep here I come!! Wonder if they're going to blame the refs.." I intent to fault" ooops

All in all it looks good so far and there aint no big surprise as of yet. Celts or LA may fall down the drain though. We will wait and see.

Poker   

Boston ain't the same team without KG and they shouldn't be expected to go further without him. He was the heart and soul of that team. Plus, the Bulls series took too much steam from Pierce and Allen. I think They will beat the Magic and lose to the Cavs. I pick the Cavs to win it all over the Nuggets.

Poker, good prediction there, I am with you on the notion that Cavs will win the championship(LZG will say it's all wishful thinking) and am counting on that. As far as Celtics go, I think game 5 will be a decisive breaker. Who ever wins this coming game, will win the series. Though I am very doubtful if the Celtics despite their home court advg, could push this game.

What have you say on the LA and H-town series?

By the way am so disappointed to see those nuts aka Cavs playing another game. Nuggets just slept on last minute.

Where is LZG lately? I thought she would take a break from the POL section once the playoffs kick!!

Oz   

dirk-nowitzki.jpg

Dirk Nowitzki: Sad he won't make it.

ps: I'd beat anyone if I had these players.

F LeBron James (Cavs)

F Dirk Nowitzki (Mavericks)

C Dwight Howard (Magic)

G Kobe Bryant (Lakers)

G Dwyane Wade (Heat)

OZ, the team you listed up there was the one released yesterday by the NBA. That's NBA's 1st team, they also had 2nd and 3rd team. I think Duncan and Chauncey were in the 2nd team.

Poker, if the Rockets are toasted tonight, then there will be an entertaining Western finals.

Poker   

Yeah...Mr. big shot will take Kobe outside like he did in 03.

I really don't wanna see Goerge Karl or the overrated Kenyon Martin winning anything but how could I go against Melo and Mr. big shot.

Lets go Nuggets....(They have the best looking uniform too)

Gheele, allow yaa ku dhaho I told you so. :D

Whatever happened to the lakers aad buunbuunineyse?

I will be the first to say, how about em Rockets? I was wrong about them twice. First they demoralized my Blazers pick and now they are eyeing the conference finals? Talk about silencing their critics eh?

If rockets win and thats a big if, this is denvers year to take it all the way. I mean, literally, take it all the way.

I'm just baffled that another GM yet again let go of Billups. First it was that white good for nothing former celtics player turned GM for the T-wolves who failed to retain billups when he has playing the best b-ball of his nba career, then Dumar, another respectable GM just let go of Billups once more when infact he should have traded the excess of Hamilton+2 as Billups wasn't the one who created the piston recession.

Fast forward to the western conference finals of 2009, the nuggets are reaping the fruits of Billups talent, talk about christmas coming early to the nuggets.

Billups, Billups. I first noticed his talent when he was a backup guard for the T-wolves. I saw his fire then but I knew right away that T-wolves made a mistake by not doing everything they could to keep him. I believe that had they signed him then, KG would have had 2 titles under his belt. All that aside, history repeated itself again, when yet another GM did the unthinkable by letting go of Billups instead of working out a plan to keep him. Yes, it is true that I detest the Pistons but thats beside the point because the AI-Billups trade was not a logical trade as one team was doomed from the start, read my AI thread about this trade. AI was not a good fit for the pistons and the pistons were not a good fit for AI.

Seriously, what was that GM's name that failed to sign Billups during his T-wolves days? Does anyone know his name?

On to Boston, RONDO who and RONDO WHAT?? Did you see how many rebounds he grabbeD? A small man thats capable of doing the work of the celtics big men. Why do the celtics need to pay Perkins and Fatso G-Davis? Any big foot lover out there? Can anyone explain to me why Perkins is an NBA player in name only?

Besides, Big foot Perkins and fatso G-davis lack of performance, Ray Allen was in it, Pierce continuous to have more off nights than I can count. However, I have a feeling that everyone will be on board and ready to battle come sunday night. I predict the game to be a high scoring game, especially on the boston side. All in all, I'm looking forward to an up tempo game.