Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

New song called Siilaanyow na dhaaf! what is goin on in SL?

Blessed   

Lol. Jacayl baro, heestii hore ee Ilka jiir qoray maxay ahayd cid qaadysa waayahan maan maqal..

Halyaydii blablablabla...

Beeshu way haraadee hormood uma maqna

Ha hadhsado dadkeenu aan hormar gaadhnee

Aqoonsiga haleelnee......eeen, bal...*cough, cough, cough*

:D.

STOIC   

I have tried to listen to the news from Somaliland and it doesn't look good. I hate to say this, but I honestly believe Somaliland is NOT there yet for a free and fair election without clans being pitched against each other. There is much soul-searching needed about the downfall of sub-clan politics and it will take brave Somalilanders to face up to the severity of turmoil that Somaliland is experiencing. Sometimes I believe it is better for a minority clan member to be the president of Somaliland.Silanyo wil always be blamed, so is the next person to take the presidency. President Silanyo is not alone in his attraction to a clan politics, but it is fair to say it is unique in the extent and persistence of this allure compared to Riyalle days.

I worry that my fellow Somalilanders would not see the evil of the clan politics-a rare chance. President Silanyo deserves high praise for his steadfast vision of independent Somaliland, but his administration should have proceed slowly and very carefully when it came to matters of local elections.Should this trend of open clan politics continue, it is conceivable that Somaliland will find itself in a tough spot convincing the world about their secession . Were that to happen, Somaliland secession ambitions could seem one day in retrospect merely twenty years of interesting and yet doomed search for secession.

STOIC;901581 wrote:
I have tried to listen to the news from Somaliland and it doesn't look good. I hate to say this, but I honestly believe Somaliland is NOT there yet for a free and fair election without clans being pitched against each other. There is much soul-searching needed about the downfall of sub-clan politics and it will take brave Somalilanders to face up to the severity of turmoil that Somaliland is experiencing. Sometimes I believe it is better for a minority clan member to be the president of Somaliland.Silanyo wil always be blamed, so is the next person to take the presidency. President Silanyo is not alone in his attraction to a clan politics, but it is fair to say it is unique in the extent and persistence of this allure compared to Riyalle days.

I worry that my fellow Somalilanders would not see the evil of the clan politics-a rare chance. President Silanyo deserves high praise for his steadfast vision of independent Somaliland, but his administration should have proceed slowly and very carefully when it came to matters of local elections.Should this trend of open clan politics continue, it is conceivable that Somaliland will find itself in a tough spot convincing the world about their secession . Were that to happen, Somaliland secession ambitions could seem one day in retrospect merely twenty years of interesting and yet doomed search for secession.

I'm glad that you're getting the whole thing. This is exactly why I was, and others were pitching for Riyaale to win again, people like Norf see things from his sub-clan pointview. He wasn't even a "Somalilander", and was an Al Shabab supporter when Riyaale was the president, because Silanyo was being "mistreated". And people like Jac will tell you sub-clan rivalries don't exist, and everything is all good. As a hy, I don't even want to see a president from our side, or even from our cousins side (your side stoic).

And the ****** multi-party system the president was advocating for just added to the complication, these people can not handle a system like this now or in the future.