Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Released Swedish reporters share a video of torture victims of the Ocaden, Ethiopia

Saalax   

Just days after Johan Persson and Martin Schibbye released from Ethiopia, SVT then got hold of new utsmugglat video content from

Ethiopia.

It's about evidence that testimony about torture in the ****** Jail true.

This type of testimony is dismissed as lies by the Ethiopian regime. But in the materials now smuggled out of Ethiopia to confirm the victims' stories when local rulers evaluates torture in prison:

-Those who are here have conducted torture in ****** Jail. All but one of them tortured the prisoners mercilessly.

The video also confirms that people have died from torture in prison.

"I tried to drown my friend"

In Nairobi hiding many torture victims from ****** Jail.

SVT's Africa Correspondent John Ripa have met several of them and heard their stories.

Abdi Razak Ali has left scars of bayonet tricks and Ahmed Abdullahi wrists traces of ropes used when he was hung from the ceiling. Abdullahi tells SVT reporter about several other ways they have been tortured on.

-They charge us and then they beat us. Once there was a tub of ice cold water in. The water was energized. They tried to drown my buddy, he was naked. Then they took him and beat him.

Abdi Razak Ali confirms a similar picture:

-Several times they tortured my friend with water and electricity. In the end he died.

Tearing of the hair so that the skin came with

Rokia Muhammad also tells her about how she was treated in the prison. She tells me about repeatedly raped:

-They have raped me and many other women.

Rokia Muhammad scars all rapes are in the soul, but she also has the physical traces of the treatment in prison.

Her culture says she should not show her hair for an unknown man. But she makes an exception for SVT reporter and cries when she shows up the bald spots on the head. The soldiers tore her hair so that the skin came with when they dragged her naked in the ****** Jail.

Abtigiis   

Not even a hint of what is taking place in that place? People will be shocked to know that there are about 3000 inmates in Jeel-Og.den in Jigjiga which is built for less than 300 people. Every week or so, two or three bodies are given to their families after they die in that jail. Only in 2011, 47 names were released of people tortured and killed in that jail, including Garaad Hassan Ahmed Makhtal and old man Nadir from Qoraxeey.