Sign in to follow this  
Haatu

NFD oo dagaal qabiileed qarka u saaran - Abtigiis any info?

Haatu   

Well to put it simply, the area is very volatile to say the least. Out of the Somalis, two major clans are teetering on the blink of conflict. It all started like this: Clan A (Faarax Macallin clan) and Clan B (Reer Wajeer clan) are two clans that have been living together for as long as Somalis have inhabited this land. They intermarry, live with each other and do business with one another. However, certain politicians have been trying to mess up this area, most blame Faarax Macallin the rat. Clan B and a coalition of other clans accuse Clan A of unfairness. They accuse Clan A of not letting them (Clan B coalition people) to settle in Clan A towns and areas. Clan B point out that Clan A people are allowed to reside in clan B lands so Clan A's refusal to let them reside in their land is unfair. Keep up, things get more confusing.

Clan B also accuse clan A of encroaching on their lands and forming adjacent towns next to their towns. It is worthy to note that resources and job posts in Kenya are shared on a basis of towns. So if two towns are in one area, the posts and resources will have to be shared. Clan B say this is all fine if Clan A allow them to do the same which they won't due to meddling from surprise surprise, Mr Macallin and co. The Clan B coalition as you can expect if very upset with all this as you can imagine.

Also, Clan A is accused by the Clan B coalition of putting restrictions on Clan B business interests in Clan A lands. This is a major issue as this makes the businessmen angry, adding fuel to the fire.

A little while ago a little skirmish broke out between members of the two clans in an area called Wajir South. This was a minor affair involving sticks and tooreeys. However, some qas-wadeyaal killed a local elder who was trying to diffuse the tensions using government weapons. The elder was from Clan B and the killers Clan A. Now this made the Clan B people very angry. Clan B held a meeting in which they proclaimed haddii Clan A ey moodeen in hub ey haystaan wax bey arki doonaan. Clan B coalition is now in a frenzy mood accumulating weapons and men in the area. Clan B members from all over Kenya are pouring into the area along with money and men in an effort to "defend their lands". A major settlement programme is being implemented by the Clan B coalition to stop the "encroaching".

The is pretty much where things are up to now. The sad thing is, all these people making threats to each other are all related and first cousins to each other. The elder who was killed was killed by his nephew (so I've heard). As mentioned before, people are blaming Faarax Macallin for all this (ninka sida reer NFD u habaarayaan ma u maleyn kartid.

In other areas, our Oromo brothers are slaughtering each other as well in the Mandera area. In the south, two other groups are also at it.

Abtigiis adaa Nairobi joogtaayee, any info?

STOIC   

I know with the clan restrictions on this site its hard to name clans, but if I'm not mistaken you are talking about the same clan here ( only different sub-clans)..I'm guessing both clan A and B are Original Gangster sub-clan...Honestly i think having grown up there( and having 25% blood ties with Original gangsters) it is fair to say they are one of the major backstabbing and conniving clan in NFD who will not let other clans to share the little resources they have.... The rest of NFD clans are welcoming and open-spirited people.

Haatu   

Apophis, I wish they were rumours but I'm afraid I'm not. This is what's happening today. It seems Somalis no matter where they live always act the same.

Stoic, you're right they are the same clan. lol@original gangsta sub-clans :D Your folk are butchering each other like no tomorrow. What's happening to our province man.

Burahadeer, what are you on about sxb? Don't know how to share.

? Forget other Somalis, we share land with Oromos and others very peacefully and you tell us we don't know how to share?