Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Tribal Politics and the Concept of Citizenship

Haatu   

This is why I don't support clan federalism? And how does one prove he is a 'Puntlander'? Abtirsi? What about the other Somalis who live there? Is it not their country too? Would they not be allowed to vote in their own country?

Somalia   

Naysayers without any alternative, we've had them for too long, we call them moryaan, but on SOL I call them spoilers.

Your time is over, you had 21 years to rub a couple of brain cells together, we are moving forward.

Samafal   

Haatu;854383 wrote:
This is why I don't support clan federalism? And how does one prove he is a 'Puntlander'? Abtirsi? What about the other Somalis who live there? Is it not their country too? Would they not be allowed to vote in their own country?

This is nithing to do with tribalism. Even if they were not from same tribe they would be debating about the same matter. Your attempt to use this to criticize federalism is very weak. They can not just hold elections and grant a right to vote for every Dick and Harry. There must known rules of who is entitled to vote and that's what are they are debating about. The term 'Puntlander' is not synamamous with a clan name, is it?

Taleexi   

Centralism vs. Federalism ... each one can work in Somalia ... the problem is with the executive branch (whoever is running the show) not the operational system per say ... Cursing one system and blessing another will not solve our ills.

Dr_Osman   

War heedhe rabshada naga daaya, Puntland is the best state. Wax kale laagama yeelayo dhibka iska daaya oo ka seexda sheekadan