Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Black Woman who Hates Her own Black Race

unfortunately these types of s!lly people exist, I remember few years back i used to argue with a black girl in my class who used to say "she wasn't black". But on the other hand in reality, if you look at black women's lifestyle it shows that, they spend billions to be lighter and whiter, with Afro American women spending a whooping $7.5 billion annually on skin products. http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/05/african-american_women_spend_m.html

self hating inferiority or just looking for beauty?

Blessed   

"Society sees me as black but I don't see myself as black, I don't want to be black"... Sounds like many Somalis I've come across! :D

^^ even many blacks don't consider somalis black.Infact we r the ones fighting everywhere to prove our blackness...just surf the net & you see what I mean!

I have no problem calling myself African or black, but I've never understood the whole 'white' or 'black' groupings we place on people. We have absolutely no shared history with South Africans, genetic or cultural. In fact, we're closer genetically to Spaniards and Armenians than we are to the Mbuti, Khoi or San. This goes for other groups as well. A Spaniard will have more in common with North Africans then he does with Russians.

Blessed   

burahadeer;853366 wrote:
^^ even many blacks don't consider somalis black.Infact we r the ones fighting everywhere to prove our blackness...just surf the net & you see what I mean!

Usually Caribs try that on but to fellow Africans, we're black African, I guess because they know more of Africans and our subtle differences. Arabs have also been convinced by silly Somalis of our Arabness and it gets on my nerves when they (Arabs) demand that I speak Arabic with them and then ask me 'what's that?' when I say, I'm a Somali, I speak Somali, an African language!

Haatu   

^ I know what you mean. I have these two Arab friends that are convinced that Somalis are descended from Arabs. Their justification? Our light skin lol :D I don't mind it tho I always tell them that I ain't white, Arab, Black or Chinese, but I'm Somali, a whole different group.

Wadani   

^Most Somalis aren't light walaal. In fact I find the very dark Somalis to be the best looking ones, as many of them are regal looking with sharp and refined features, and silky soft hair.

I just might get into an actual fist fight with the next Somali I meet who claims to be an Arab.

Aaliyyah   

Raamsade, ameen. People should be happy with what they have. It is so sad that some people are not happy with their own skin. Waa kibir. There is this blind lady in this class that I am taking, and everyday she struggles to find her chair. It is a small seminar class so people do get up to help her. But, it is just heart breaking to see her struggle. Dadna madow ma ihi waa cadahay bay ka tagantahay. Lug ama il ama gacan haday wayaan see bay yeeli lahayeen.

Anyone ever notice the Somalis that claim to be Arabs are the ones that least look like Arabs? LoL. Reminds me of this guy i use to know who really believed in his heart he was ARAB.....but if you looked at him, he looked like your typical MADOW. Each to their own i guess.

Nin-Yaaban;853541 wrote:
Anyone ever notice the Somalis that claim to be Arabs are the ones that
least
look like Arabs? LoL. Reminds me of this guy i use to know who really believed in his heart he was ARAB.....but if you looked at him, he looked like your typical MADOW. Each to their own i guess.

Another funny thing is the fact that Somalis have the least Arab admixture of all of the horn populations (Amhara, Oromo, Afar etc,). Yet Somalis claim Arab lineages more ardently than the other groups (and we don't even speak a Semitic language for that matter).

Blackflash;853542 wrote:
Another funny thing is the fact that Somalis have the least Arab admixture of all of the horn populations (Amhara, Oromo, Afar etc,). Yet Somalis claim Arab lineages more ardently than the other groups (and we don't even speak a Semitic language for that matter).

LoL ain't that something.

raula   

Haatu;853505 wrote:
^ I know what you mean. I have these two Arab friends that are convinced that Somalis are descended from Arabs. Their justification? Our light skin lol
:D
I don't mind it tho I always tell them that I ain't white, Arab, Black or Chinese, but I'm Somali, a whole different group.

wacha rongo..:D...jamani..until you get to Kenya..then you pull out the 'other card'....ati nani mlendo :D kiddin'. Since you have given up your Garissa kipande..how about i pass it on to a somali relative....as in sadaqa (Sadaka) :D kwa mwezi huu mtukufu wa ramadani.

Malika   

^Lol. Hello mpendwa - how is ramadan going for you?

I think for most of us, we have been raised to not see ourselves black nor white or arab - I was just plain Somali until I came to the west, suddenly I have acquired a new identity - black. wth!