Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Maryooleey

nuune   

Xaaji, I was more looking and enjoying the beauty of our camels and not what you were addicted, there are more details in the picture than two taransate facing at you.

Paragon   

Xaaji Xunjuf;825444 wrote:
Tan yari xabadka wa ka barakaysantahay

ilahoow dambigayga dhaaf

Loool. Waa la is cawirayaa Xaaji

I like the shirt it's cool. Would I wear it no.

Rudy - Maryoleey is another word to describe Somalis. I used to think it meant clothes.

Rudy - Maryoleey is another word to describe Somalis. I used to think it meant clothes.

Maryooleey means maryo laaweey. In other words, 'without clothes.' It was used by Banaadiri folks to refer to other Soomalida, especially geeljiraha who used to wear laba go' cad cad, mid hoose iyo mid kor. They also used other slang terms, such as lamagoodle (laba go'le) and faradheer.

Yunis   

ilahoow dambigayga dhaaf

;);)

wyre   

looool@ilaahow dambigaaga dhaaf :D:D

Xaaji markii geel loo heesayo baad gorayo u heestaa, cajiib :D

Somalia   

ilahoow dambigayga dhaaf

Haahahaha :D

AYOUB   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;825469 wrote:
Maryooleey means
maryo laaweey
. In other words, 'without clothes.' It was used by Banaadiri folks to refer to other Soomalida, especially geeljiraha who used to wear laba go' cad cad, mid hoose iyo mid kor. They also used other slang terms, such as
lamagoodle
(laba go'le) and
faradheer

I thought it meant "maryo leh" as in "the garmented". That makes sense because having laba go' for dressing hundreds of years ago can't be classified as clothes-less.

As for the photo, can't see the face, but that looks like remarkable improvement from the dodgy stuff.. :) but I'll leave it for the experts.

A_Khadar   

AYOUB;825619 wrote:
I thought it meant "maryo leh" as in "the garmented". That makes sense because having laba go' for dressing hundreds of years ago can't be classified as clothes-less.

As for the photo, can't see the face, but that looks like remarkable improvement from the dodgy stuff..
:)
but I'll leave it for the experts.

Yeah that is what I always thought the name is.. Somali Maryooley mean "they have too many clothes". I am sure many people mean this regarless of that old use of reer banadir since those who use the term know are non-banadiries.

BTW, I am with XX.. Maansha'alalh.. The letter "M" reminds me the McDonols.

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;825469 wrote:
Maryooleey means
maryo laaweey
. In other words, 'without clothes.' It was used by Banaadiri folks to refer to other Soomalida, especially geeljiraha who used to wear laba go' cad cad, mid hoose iyo mid kor. They also used other slang terms, such as
lamagoodle
(laba go'le) and
faradheer

as far as i know Maryooley means lama goodle meaning (laba go'le), labad go'ee cadcadaa oo ay soomaalidii hore qaadan jirtay. lagama wado qaawani ee waa bilcaks.

Mukulaalow;825871 wrote:
as far as i know Maryooley means lama goodle meaning (laba go'le), labad go'ee cadcadaa oo ay soomaalidii hore qaadan jirtay. lagama wado qaawani ee waa bilcaks.

Ee waxaa qoray lee qortay marka waaba isku raacsanahay. Maryo laaweey uluma jeedin 'nakedness' iyo waxaas. Labada go' cad cad oo aan qoray ula jeeday.

MMA, maya dadka waxey u fahmeen markaa tiri

Maryooleey means maryo laaweey

in aad ka waddo, maryo laawe, qaawani ama kii aan maryaha wadan.