Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somalia: Police recovers another Alshabab assassination plot

Somalia: Police recovers another Alshabab assassination plot

Hiiraan Online

Saturday, April 07, 2012 (HOL) -

After three days of Mogadishu Theatre attack another Alshabab assassination plot is recovered by the Somali police.

Alshabab planned to eliminate Somalia’s commander of military forces Gen. Abdikarim Yusuf Aden using a jacket packed with explosives.

“They contacted me offering to hire me for this plot with $20,000, I informed the General, then we proceeded to probe this case” his driver Khalif Ali Nur told the VOA.

Police arrested the mastermind recovering a jacket packed with explosives.

Gen. Abdikarim known as “Dhego badan” told reporters that he knew this assassination plot from the beginning which was intended to kill him.

“They were trying to kill me, we discovered their plans from the beginning”said the army official.

Abdirahman Ali Antoob is the suspected mastermind and claims to be Alshabab contractor for such operations.

Last Wednesday Somalia’s prime minister escaped an assassination attempt which claimed the lives of ten people including two top sports officials.

TFG and it’s allied forces pushed out Alshabab from many areas including Mogadishu, but the group claims responsibility of the deadly suicide attacks in the country.