Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Prof Samatar Somaliland is not a region of Somalia the Somali republic was created by two states.

XX you don't know what you are talking about. SL is made of clans who happen to be part of the Somali tribe.

I do like the way you clutch to straws, my only advic for you is to double down.

STOIC;796875 wrote:
Duke,

Haha don't start me to entertain the oil thing...I'm waiting for your veneer of arrogance once i see the black gold, for now spares us the exhaust argument of your blessed land......

Adeer just stating facts. Millions of dollars have been spend on the Oil project and you are talking some smal time nonsense about British rule and 1960 union. This whole argument won't mean anything in a few months. Our blessed lands which covers the Indian Ocean basin insha Allah will transform Somalia. Keep thinking small. We will do the hard work for the Somali's.

The Sage   

Duke sure is sipping on the "oil will solve everything" kool-aid. You seem to use it as a crutch in all your arguments even when it's not relevant. The truth is that the oil development will be in the exploration phase for quite some time and commercial production won't even start for at least a decade.

Moving on, according to international law there is no "junior" or "senior" distinction for states meaning that all states' sovereignty is seen as equal and inalienable. This means that the union between Somaliland and Somalia was between equal sovereign states and according to the law these states can nullify this union as was the case with Senegal and the Gambia, Egypt and Syria, the dissolution of the USSR and between the Czech Rep and Slovakia,

^^^ well done:D and somaliland has the largest oil deposits in africa...google both on land & sea.There is also natural gas & coal.

Abdulahi yusuf made use of his presidency when the world thought he was legitimate & could bring back somalia...he is the one work so hard that PLand oil come first so they can control somalis!!!

usual Garowe power maniac:D

Carafaat   

The man has a point. And its only a sub-sub-sub-sub clan residing in a Galkacyo neigbourhoud, tuulo Qardho and tuulo pretending to be city called Garowe , who are objecting to the Somali solution for own power gains. Yaan been la isku sheegin. :D