Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Prime Minister Abdiweli asked questions by audience on Universal TV

Sensei   

Nice conversation, honestly did not expect any less from the PM. However, the audience seemed the same people that supports the TFG any way, the folks he needs to preach to are those sitting on the fence.

Superb performance by the PM, none of the questions were easy and he had the intellectual agility and coolness to respond to them. I also liked he respectful tone towards the audience and the fact that he did not shy away from any of the questions.

This, my friends, is what I would term as an intellectual jogging rellying less on rhetorical riffs and more on real analysis. The PM made his case for the TFG, federalism and the way forward. I enjoyed it.

Guru, where are you? :)

Carafaat   

A man hailed and applauded by General Duke, LST and Gheelle reminds me of Abdullahi Yusuf. But then this time one with education.

kolay kheyr malaha.

Abwaan   

Carafaat;797014 wrote:
A man hailed and applauded by General Duke, LST and Gheelle reminds me of Abdullahi Yusuf. But then this time one with education.

kolay kheyr malaha.

adiga madaxdeenna aan ka daba mashxaradnee maxaa naga rabtaa?:)

Carafaat   

Madax umada ha amaanto. Laakinse madax familygii hor boodiyaan oo durbaanka u tumiyaan kolay madax mahan, waa inadeero. :D

Farmaajo, waxaan ogaa cidiisa macaa markii hore mee horbodeen, Umada kale ayaa aad ugu qanacday.

Somalia;796026 wrote:
On Mahiga, funding for projects, economic exclusive zone and a lot more.

One has to watch this interview to find out the caliber of the man. Regardless of the question the man from Harvard dealt with it well..

Carafaat;797019 wrote:
Madax umada ha amaanto. Laakinse madax familygii hor boodiyaan oo durbaanka u tumiyaan kolay madax mahan, waa inadeero.
:D

A man who can not get the confidence of his constituents, will not be able to lead anyone else. Abdiwelli is a revelation thus far.

Carafaat;797014 wrote:

kolay kheyr malaha.

loool@kheyr malaha. Mujaahid Faroole is educated as well. Sowdigii lahaa LST, Xiin iyo Duke way ku kacsanyahay Faroole.

Awoowe, negative tribalism is not about praising the performance of an individual based on gut reaction. It is also not about criticizing a person from a different clan who deserves to be criticized. To me, the true meaning of negative tribalism, is predicated on something slightly more philosophical. Negative tribalism lacks that old virtue known as “fair-mindedness”. It is built on the wheels of a campaign to malign, discredit and emphatically abuse a group of people on the basis of nothing other than clan/regional affiliation. Negative tribalism follows a pattern of inequity and injustice. It is built on downright hatred. I think you didn't get Garaad Baashi's memo on negative and positive tribalism. :D

War Carafaaroow walaalahaaga Puntland soo dhawee. Waar Mujaahid is daba qabo meel xun baad ku socotaaye. :D

Jacpher   

^Carafaat is the biggest qabilst SOL has seen. No need to reason with clannist character like him. Does Carafaat see the PM as "gaal kaafir Ilaahey ka furtay" as Hassan Daahir Aweys said of the PM?

I don't agree with some of his political views but this was a good interview. Nice work convincing the audience.

Carafaat   

Libaax-Sankataabte;797242 wrote:
loool@kheyr malaha. Mujaahid Faroole is educated as well. Sowdigii lahaa LST, Xiin iyo Duke way ku kacsanyahay Faroole.

Awoowe,
negative tribalism
is not about praising the performance of an individual based on gut reaction. It is also not about criticizing a person from a different clan who deserves to be criticized. To me, the true meaning of
negative tribalism
, is predicated on something slightly more philosophical.
Negative tribalism
lacks that old virtue known as “fair-mindedness”. It is built on the wheels of a campaign to malign, discredit and emphatically abuse a group of people on the basis of nothing other than clan/regional affiliation.
Negative tribalism
follows a pattern of inequity and injustice. It is built on downright hatred. I think you didn't get Garaad Baashi's memo on
negative
and
positive
tribalism.

War Carafaaroow walaalahaaga Puntland soo dhawee. Waar Mujaahid is daba qabo meel xun baad ku socotaaye.

LST,

I havent read Baashi's thread on tribalism, will digg in to it. On another note. I may have raised more critique on Puntland then on other regions lately.:D

But the reason why i have been more harsh on Puntland then Somaliland, is that first of all I think many Puntlanders can handle critique better then other Somali's, they more confident then others and because its leaders are progressive, have the willingness to solve things, move forward but completely lack vision or constructive ideas.

And unfortuantly due to the tribalist society we are, correction or constructive critique is only listened to when it first comes from the own constituency and constructive self critique is completely lacking in Puntland. Is there something between support or opposing? Is there a better option then having war or a city seperated by clan structures?

And this is where I come in. I give constructive critique. Ofcourse this role could be easily done much better by a Puntlander, but if there was one coming with good, constructive solyutions on solving things.

P.S. I would be more critical of Somaliland, if it wasnt for Xaaji Xunjuf sending me 100 PM and using every trick in the book to silence me, everytime I voice my 'concerns' about issue's in Somaliland. So i suggest locking XX PM settings. :D