Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The Day After The Conference Before...

Taleexi   

It is all like the glass is half-full or half empty scenario; who dictated by whom or visa verse it all depends one's preference method of comprehension. Agreed something has been cooked for the Somali peninsula and its implementation phase has started. I also partially agree with you what you laid up there but Somalia and "Somaliland" are two distinct entities in the eyes of the international community is quite an amusement if not the classical comedy of the day. In addition, with regards to Awdal, Khatumo, & Maakhir's destiny is getting clearer by the day.

The great autonomous Somaliland State of Somalia only represents the triangle cities given that Somalis know it so does the international community. Any sane person would agree that Khatumo institutions are getting stronger by the day, political clout is ever expanding not to mention PR front. Above all, they are on the right side of the argument where they draw a line in the sand and proclaimed to have a self-rule, like anyone else in the peninsula to pursue their birthright, unalienable right to self-determination. All they want is just to be the masters of their destiny not more, no less what SL wants. Saying unionist admins in the north have no choice while you portray SL having a choice is a mere unjust, and unwarranted stand. Over 20 years of lies, SL is coming back to the fold is a reality to be reckoned with. Somaliland's long standing bravado over the years has been finally associated with its right price tag; A local admin within Somalia is. A word of advice, I usually charge my consultations but to the secessionists take this one as goodwill from me. If I were you I would've vacated the lands of Awdal, Maakhir and Khatumo and thereafter build bridges and restore the lost trust within the neighborly communities for future alliances if you guys care ... Balse horaa loo yiri : War shifo dheh, war iska daa lagala quusay'e... I wish you all the best and I hope you guys recuperate soon from your protracted, grandiose delusional.

NGONGE   

Carafaat, I have not spoken to the guru but I would wager that he's a very happy man today. What he was worried about did not take place and SL did (and got) all that he expected (after all, he was shrewed enough not to expect recognition there and then).

xiinfaniin;794280 wrote:
Mario B,

Lets not state facts. NGONGE and North understand the rules of the new game, they understand even Berbera port will be considered part of SOMALI ASSETS. They understand the significance of creating an entity that will manage funds for all Somalia where TFG or whatever replaces it will be sitting as a member representing Somalia. they understand the call for Somaliland to sit down with TFG, is not different than similar calls made by US, and UNIPOS to Puntland with respect to its relationship with TFG...it is a diplomatic way of inviting Somaliland to incorporate its views and political stances into the road map. They understand all of that, and this thread is a feel good post intended to lessen the apparent disappointment of the hard core separatists.

I support NGONGE
:D

No we don't. SL and all it controls does not fall under this TFG nonesense, adeer. Don't go mixing your groups up now. :D

Carafaat   

Taleexi, the real winners from this are the Unionist from the north. It is them who have gotten Somaliland to the table of Somalia. And wasnt that always the goal?

Do you want one Somalia or do you want 50 clan states?

Taleexi   

Clan states are temporary. I want to one Somalia where every individual has a line of communication in the power pipe. No more, no less.

NGONGE   

Taleexi;794285 wrote:
It is all like the glass is half-full or half empty scenario; who dictated by whom or visa verse it all depends one's preference method of comprehension. Agreed something has been cooked for the Somali peninsula and its implementation phase has started. I also partially agree with you what you laid up there but Somalia and "Somaliland" are two distinct entities in the eyes of the international community is quite an amusement if not the classical comedy of the day. In addition, with regards to Awdal, Khatumo, & Maakhir's destiny is getting clearer by the day.

The great autonomous Somaliland State of Somalia only represents the triangle cities given that Somalis know it so does the international community. Any sane person would agree that Khatumo institutions are getting stronger by the day, political clout is ever expanding not to mention PR front. Above all, they are on the right side of the argument where they draw a line in the sand and proclaimed to have a self-rule, like anyone else in the peninsula to pursue their birthright, unalienable right to self-determination. All they want is just to be the masters of their destiny not more, no less what SL wants. Saying unionist admins in the north have no choice while you portray SL having a choice is a mere unjust, and unwarranted stand. Over 20 years of lies, SL is coming back to the fold is a reality to be reckoned with. Somaliland's long standing bravado over the years has been finally associated with its right price tag; A local admin within Somalia is. A word of advice, I usually charge my consultations but to the secessionists take this one as goodwill from me. If I were you I would've vacated the lands of Awdal, Maakhir and Khatumo and thereafter build bridges and restore the lost trust within the neighborly communities for future alliances if you guys care ... Balse horaa loo yiri :
War shifo dheh, war iska daa lagala quusay'e
... I wish you all the best and I hope you guys recuperate soon from your protracted, grandiose delusional.

Glass half full is even better than your way of reading things, saaxib. :D

Khatumo may be stronger in your eyes but where does it stand in all of this? Who represents it in this roadmap and have they been aknowledged? I asked valid questions for you to answer, aniga iyo beenta ay SL ku jirta halkaan inuu daa and try to answer these questions.

p.s.

I will also not charge you but would advise you to think about these questions and where this whole thing leaves you.

Taleexi   

A fact: Khatumo was not represented in the meeting. It is not only Khatumo folks that were left out in the meeting. And we all know that the TFG, PL, SL, Galmudug and Ahlu Sunna will not only be the guardians and masters of Somalia's future.However, even though I was not represented I'm happy with the outcome of preserving the union and the details will be dealt with on due course but rest assured Khatumo's priority is ever creating a reality on the ground where it wants to restore law and order in its lands and reclaim the occupied lands.

NGONGE;794287 wrote:
Carafaat, I have not spoken to the guru but I would wager that he's a very happy man today. What he was worried about did not take place and SL did (and got) all that he expected (after all, he was shrewed enough not to expect recognition there and then).

No we don't. SL and all it controls does not fall under this TFG nonesense, adeer. Don't go mixing your groups up now.
:D

Waryaa NGONGE speak for your self :D

NGONGE   

^^ I am speaking for the guru because he already told all of us what his worries were. Turns out, he was worrying for no reason at all. Expect a four page lecture on diplomacy, SL, the good old chaps at Downing Street and (probably) even Sheikh Sharif. War put your seatbelt on ban ku idhi. :D

Taleexi, I agree and never doubted the goals of genuine Khatumites. My doubts (and wishes) have been known to you for a while though. Khaatumo's leaders need to play their cards right (and fast) if they don't want to be swallowed up by Somalia (TFG, PL, etc, etc) or, more likely, Somaliland.

Somalia   

Jacaylbaro;794260 wrote:
Somaliland Dictated ?? ,,,,, I think it is more of playing cards very well among the world powers.

Hahahaha, which cards? :D

ElPunto   

I think overall this conference was a net positive for Somalia ex Somaliland. The world is committed to helping reconstitute the Somali Republic and will provide assistance in a variety of ways. There was no mention of the trusteeship/guardianship notion that were being pushed by some of our Northern comrades.

I think this conference was a small net negative for Somaliland despite the talk of special status and being seated apart which is, in reality, a dimunation of previous talking points. Somaliland had never attended a high level Somalia conference before and had always insisted on unilateral recognition on account of peace and decent governance in contrast to the chaotic south. This method of going about recognition has been firmly put to bed at this conference. What is clear is that the world believes Somaliland is part of Somalia even though it is not seen in exactly the same light. That Somaliland sees itself as distinct and different is not the issue here but that the world sees Somaliland in the same orbit as Somalia. And as, hopefully, the rest of Somalia gets its act together - the underlying basis for international recognition will diminish as the effort for unilateral recognition has diminished.

Finally - I think unionists or whaever you call them - have devoted too much ink to Somaliland and its role at this conference. It was not primarily about that. And this preocupation feeds into a negative cycle of narcism and self importance on the part of Somalilanders. I also think the focus(and commentary) should be on helping the south acheive security and some semblance of official governance and not on secession or international recognition.

STOIC   

I am waiting for pedantry and misinformation from the contributors of wardheer news site.How the south has become the bellweather of influence in the outcome of the confrence.Too much puffed-up sense of self from the opinion page contributors.

STOIC   

You are right no one has monopoly to that heck just visit any SL site today and have a feel for the upsurge of Silanyo euphoria.Wardheer news editorial caught my attention with their bellyached importance on thwarting SL aspirations