Sign in to follow this  
kingofkings

Hotels in Bosaso Port City All Booked

range1.jpg

According to locals in the port city of Bosaso, the largest commercial city in Puntland and Somalia’s third, every hotel room in town has been booked for at least several weeks looking ahead. Businessmen in the city have stated that one out of every three patrons at these hotels is a ‘gaal’ – nominally referring to Westerners.

Residents have cited a small hike in the prices of luxury items such as tropical fruits and vegetables, but also a greater availability of these items and others that were unseen in the region, such as American cars, a wider volume of refrigerators, and home-cooling devices.

There is no word yet of the exact number of foreigners in the city, but this growth in volume is largely due to oil exploration currently under way several hundred kilometers south of Bosaso, near the communities of Ufeyn and Iskushuban.

http://dissidentnation.com/

Somalia   

kingofkings;792192 wrote:
damn it's time like this that i wish i owned properties in Bosaso.

I agree. My parents never made it a habit to build in Puntland, not even a house..

My mother inherited massive farms near Kismayo.

lol@you all partying already.

Oil exploration is a complex process and there is no gaurantee this new exploration at Dharoor will amount to anything "recoverable". I am a bid bearish on the Dharoor prospect to be honest. I think the Nugaal wells (the two identified wells around Garowe) would have been the better option for start. But I understand that is how Cadde's admin set things up in order to get the ball rolling for this project. The good news is that if the current Dharoor well proves to be a duster, the rig will be moved to Nugaal. It is a long process.

Hadii Dharoor oil laga helo, reer Bari waxay ku faani doonaan "boowe annagu biyo kuma qubaysanee oil baan ku qubaysanaa". :D

Somalia   

I share your sentiment regarding Dharoor. But the rig touched Somali land, that is an achievement on its own, a pathetic one but one nonetheless.

Libaax-Sankataabte;792221 wrote:
lol@you all partying already.

Oil exploration is a complex process and there is no gaurantee this new exploration at Dharoor will amount to anything "recoverable". I am a bid bearish on the Dharoor prospect to be honest. I think the Nugaal wells (the two identified wells around Garowe) would have been the better option for start. But I understand that is how Cadde's admin set things up in order to get the ball rolling for this project. The good news is that if the current Dharoor well proves to be a duster, the rig will be moved to Nugaal. It is a long process.

Hadii Dharoor oil laga helo, reer Bari waxay ku faani doonaan "boowe annagu biyo kuma qubaysanee oil baan ku qubaysanaa".
:D

:D