Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Somaliland TV English News Service, will it embarras all Somali's?

Carafaat   

http://oodweynenews.com/news/138473-wasaarada-warfaafinta-oo-hir-galisay-qeybta-af-ingiriisida-ee-tv-ga-qaranka-somaliland.html

Bliis, ka daaya aduunka warakeena. waa nagu ceeb.

The world doesnt need to know about all the embarrasing stuff of reer hebel joining Kulmiye or UCID, reer hebel diaspora collecting money for roads, nomads disputes and all other trivial stuff, Somaliland news media all ways broadcasts.

Somalia   

I don't think anyone is surprised it's SL TV... I mean, lets be honest, it was the same place that Al Jazeera covered, with mothers teaching their kids about clans as if it was Quran.

tumblr_lkbahxSELN1qglrwm.gif

Carafaat   

I rather have a English service that is produced in cooperation by SL TV, SO Tv, Universal and Djbouti TV to the WORLD.

Now Puntland will also have its own English service, broadcasting OIL and Faroole news all day! :D

Carafaat   

NGONGE;778442 wrote:
It's a brilliant idea that will be copied by all other Somali TV stations within months (if not weeks).

exactly my point. Do you want the world to see our internal divisions! why not have a common production like, Euronews, Russia TV, CCTV9.

what a force we could make together.

Carafaat   

Ngonge, they could easly agree on the content and give it a region wide PR focus and reach a higher audience, no need for critical journalism. You dont see that either with CCTV9 or Euronews, its all promotional.

STOIC   

Have you guys ever been on Hadhwanaag News English site? Damn those editors butcher the English language.Its about time they do a good editing or just abandon the whole English news...........

Carafaat   

Jacaylbaro;778466 wrote:
We can even do some Qaad commercials .... I can already imagine idinkoo Hargeysa ka soo wada degay
:D

that exactly my point. :D

Somaliland should aspire to a good example, but currently its a bad example and all others are following. Somali children should be warned.

P.S. Did you know that "Somalilanders" introduced Qaat and many other stuff to other Somali's?

STOIC;778468 wrote:
Have you guys ever been on Hadhwanaag News English site? Damn those editors butcher the English language.Its about time they do a good editing or just abandon the whole English news...........

Is that even English ??? ,,,,, I always thought it is some kind of Oromo or something. Never go there after the first day ,,,, I almost had a stroke markaan arkay ... :D

N.O.R.F   

There needs to be English media in SL/Somalia. Fed up of someone SHOUTING the news at me in Somali. English print media should be next.

Carafaat   

Norf, yes there should be english media. but before you know it, you will have 3 or more of these english sections embarrasing us in the world.

وسوف نقوم بالحرج

P.S. How do you explain Kalshaale or Seemaal conflict to the world?