Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Puntland Environment One Man's Desert Another Man Treasure. Dr Osman Vision

Dr_Osman   

I am firm believer of Puntland becoming self-sufficient and I think it's time we start exploiting our local natural resources. Puntland has a vast land of rocks its literally everywhere, how can we use this to benefit our region is the question. The oil is great start and will be a key industry of the state when it's in production mode, but what I am talking about is how can we use those rocks to benefit our people and region.

This sort of environment in Puntland is everywhere. Full of rocks, Rather then ignore it and treat it like it's of no use, We should start to see how we can benefit from it.

lafagoray1.jpg

xaafuun3.jpg

We can take those rocks and crush it and turn into agregated rocks

rock-aggregate.jpg

All we need is a plant to crush the rocks

Rock-Stone-Crusher-Plant-Aggregate-Plant

The final result would be that we see through-out the states roads like this

hh-450x342.jpg

Or homes like this. Even it's raw form is a benefit.

IMG_8130.JPG

You can even use those rocks to make concrete. So the market potential for a business-man to venture into this would be substantial and not limited to just Puntland Roads but also using it as a cement plant which would bring in a range of customer who would buy their cement from there to build their homes not to mention the other regions using it as their key supplier for road or home purposes.

So from a Business perspective it makes logical sense. You'd have key clienteles such as being the sole Puntland Government supplier of agegrated rocks to build roads and other state institutions, Their would be also a key client from Internal construction companies within our state using this cement plant to build homes, businesses and so forth,

Finally but not least there is also great potential of supplying other construction companies and state governments in Somalia by exporting through drums via sea or land transport

542859_aspalpertamina.jpg.

This would be a great success If implemented and when the oil is producing, the rate at how fast Puntland is developing now will look like a walk in the park which only means construction firms and it's suppliers will be reaping the rewards. This would be also another key step for Puntland becoming self sufficient and adhering to the Puntland Development Plan.

We have the environment to become self sufficient, Their should be no reason why Puntland is lacking in road development when the materials are staring in our face, There is no need for Puntland to rely on export when majority of the state needs can be sufficiently sourced locally.

Anyone care to input on how we can best utilize our natural environment to the benefit of the people, feel free

Dr_Osman   

It's time we have some serious discussion on how to use our local resources in the state. The oil is only one industry that we are looking into, but we hardly speak on how we can move away from being import driven society to an export driven society that is self-sufficient and prosperous. I believe our steps already to establish small scale industries such asl;Textile, Leather, Fish, Meat, Boats, Drinks, Furniture, Mattresses, Aluminum, Roof Tiles, Pasta, Agriculture, Soap, Shampoo should be encouraged and other industries need to open up. But We really need a cement plant, we need it now not only for the current development that is occurring in the state but for the future when the oil industry becomes a reality.

I believe a self-sufficient Puntland will benefit our region in increasing employment among the youth, thing will be able to be done alot quicker rather then going overseas for even the smallest of things, It will also help other somalis in other regions source products from our state. The benefits are limitless we need to move forward its time to take the crucial step

There is this guy in this forum from SL (cant remember his name) who's so obsessed with google earth and all that SL pictures. Adiga, you are like that guy on steroid :)

Somalia   

Dr_Osman, do not think your work goes unnoticed, a lot of people watch this forum and know about your work wallahi. Keep it up.

tumblr_lxb2beyhKw1r1386n.gif

Gheelle.T;770677 wrote:
There is this guy in this forum from SL (cant remember his name) who's so obsessed with google earth and all that SL pictures. Adiga, you are like that guy on steroid
:)

Sxb tell me about it. I rarely come to the POLITICS section, but looking at the "Latest Blog" thingy, i always see this guy's post. He sets the record for the MOST propaganda thingy i have ever seen. Good god.!!