Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Ethiopia Ranks 108 out of 110 Countries in

The Zack   

All these years Zenawi was telling his Tigray cousin and the rest of the world that he is country is growing very fast economically. Well.. oh well.. guess what? The MTF was effing lying. Read the details in the below posts.. Ethiopia is still the starving country we all knew in the 1980's, Ye Derg Gize. Very hungry country, popular in hunger and rafaad. Ranked the 3rd (from the bottom of the list).. LOL

ECONOMY – RANKED 104th

ENTERPRENEURSHIP & OPPORTUNITY – RANKED 108th

GOVERNANCE – RANKED 101st

EDUCATION – RANKED 107th

SAFETY & SECURITY – RANKED 106th

Source: http://www.prosperity.com/country.aspx?id=ET

The Zack   

Ethiopia Ranks 108 out of 110 Countries in Prosperity Index

Ethiopia is among the bottom three countries in an index that measures prosperity as a function of both income and well-being for 110 countries. According to the 2011 Legatum Prosperity Index, Ethiopia ranks 108 out of 110 countries – merely above Zimbabwe and Central African Republic (CAR), both Zimbabwe and CAR are among the top ten failed states in the world (According to the 2011 Foreign Policy/Fund for Peace Failed States Index, Zimbabwe ranks the 6th, CAR the 8th, Ethiopia the 19th failed states.)

The Zack   

ECONOMY – RANKED 104th

Despite high levels of growth and relative optimism about their economic future, Ethiopia faces very high levels of unemployment and dissatisfaction.

Ethiopia’s economy faces severe challenges. Inflation runs at over 8% and the gross domestic savings rate is only 4% of GDP, comfortably placing Ethiopia in the bottom 30 of the Index on the latter variable. The unemployment rate is almost 21%, which is the sixth highest rate, globally**.

Ethiopia places 69th* in terms of affordability of food and shelter, and only four out of 10 people* are satisfied with their standard of living, which places the country 91st in the Index on this variable. Only one in three* people believe that job market opportunities are improving, although the average citizen believes that general economic conditions are getting better*; the country ranks in the top half of the Index with respect to economic expectations. This is consistent with an average increase in GDP per capita of almost 8% annually between 2005 and 2009.

There is, however, limited potential for additional growth: capital per worker in Ethiopia is the fourth lowest worldwide, and the country places 76th in terms of market size. At 4%, the proportion of manufactured exports that come from high-tech sectors is very low and non-performing loans account for over 5% of total bank loans. The fact that less than half* of Ethiopians have confidence in the country’s financial institutions, reflects this. However, more positively, the country is attractive as a destination for foreign direct investment. No data on self-reported employment were available.

ENTERPRENEURSHIP & OPPORTUNITY – RANKED 108th

Ethiopia’s weak communications infrastructure and low access to opportunity inhibits entrepreneurship and limits innovation.

Income from royalty receipts is low at just over 2.2 million USD, and there is virtually no investment in R&D. ICT goods account for less than 1% of total manufactured exports. Ethiopians ability to start and run a business is highly limited: business start-up costs are high at 14% of GNI per capita, and communication infrastructure is weak with only five mobile phones for every 100 citizens.

Furthermore, on both internet provision variables – internet bandwidth and number of secure internet servers – Ethiopia places in the bottom 10 of the Index. What little wealth exists is relatively concentrated: inequality across different socio-economic groups, in terms of education, jobs, and economic status, is among the 20 most pervasive in the world. Possibly as a consequence of this, just 85%* of the population believe that they can get ahead in life by working hard, which places Ethiopia in the bottom half of the Index on this variable. Data on perceptions of the local entrepreneurial environment were not available.

No doubt Ethiopia has huge resources and is even exporting hydro-electricity, fertile lands are worth a premium these days too, niche agriculture such as horticulture is also growing;

The real tragedy is that all that potential is litterally wasted, undersold and only profit a tiny minority that believe in strict marxism for the masses; the TPLF was Maoist at the source and thus credit is deliberately restricted, only an elite is allowed to trade, telecoms are bridled etc.

Of course, keeping people off entrepeneurship and dependent on food aid mediated by local party recruits means a very docile populace;

this is a kind of deliberately enforced "mass economic genocide".

The Oromos and other victimised peoples gain only a shrinking, deteriorating habitat.

Lobbying (particularly in the USA & UK) while deterring foreign investors operating without local support is maybe the way forward...

PS: Recently came accross this: "Greater Ethiopia: the evolution of a multiethnic society", By Donald Nathan Levine; interesting and concise account about how the old Axumite remnants assimilated or pacified to some extent the Gallas, prone to adopt local cultures and unsuited to empire building depite many early successes in battle and fast expansion (according to the author).

Are some oga-denis of Oromo Barentu descent as said in the book (we know the Oromos-Somalis frontier is fluid)?

Compared to most other sub-Saharan African states, Ethiopia severely limits access to Information & Telecommunications technology for the general populace - very difficult to get and available only through state-owned companies. While the private ICT sector is one of the most dynamic in other African states, in Ethiopia it's practically non-existant. The regime understands the danger this poses to its hold on power.

The original Maoist-orientation of the ruling clique is a subject seldom explored or understood by Somalis.

Somalia   

Dabrow;756966 wrote:
No, but somaliland is.

Hahahahahahahahahaha, no it's not, next you'll be telling me it's on the UN Security Council.

tumblrlol.gif

Dabrow   

Somalia;756967 wrote:
Hahahahahahahahahaha, no it's not, next you'll be telling me it's on the UN Security Council.

]

tumblr_lrawht60DW1qir5pb.gif

On serious note. I was not serious, but somalia could been on that list and probably do much better then any sub sahara country unless they where infected by disease called clanism, bro go to a doctor. You cleary showing the symtome.

Somalia   

Dabrow;756974 wrote:
tumblr_lrawht60DW1qir5pb.gif

On serious note. I was not serious, but somalia could been on that list and probably do much better then any sub sahara country unless they where infected by disease called clanism, bro go to a doctor. You cleary showing the symtome.

I call you out on your bull that you thought was real and I am a qabilist... I read somewhere that your fictional entity was on the list and you thought it too. Hilarious.

Dabrow   

Somalia;757003 wrote:
I call you out on your bull that you thought was real and I am a qabilist... I read somewhere that your fictional entity was on the list and you thought it too. Hilarious.

lol i'm no somalilander, are you brain not functional? Can you read? I make it simple.

1. Was not serious about that.

2. I'm no somalilander

3. I support one Somalia

4. You are qabilist bro. And thats why somalia is not on that list, we have to many ppl of ur kind.

Somalia   

Dabrow;757010 wrote:
lol i'm no somalilander, are you brain not functional? Can you read? I make it simple.

1. Was not serious about that.

2. I'm no somalilander

3. I support one Somalia

4. You are qabilist bro. And thats why somalia is not on that list, we have to many ppl of ur kind.

Yes, I am the reason for Somalia being where it is, I single handedly destroyed a country before I was even born.