Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland president Siilaanyo signs the law of forming political parties.

Somaliland: Siilaanyo Signs the law of forming political parties

Somaliland president Mr. Ahmed Mohamed Mohamud known as ‘Siilaanyo’ officially put the pen to paper today and signed the law of forming political parties in country will be put into effect from today.

Recently, the bill was passed with overwhelming majority by Somaliland houses be it the representatives and the elders.

This was said according to a press release issued from the presidential palace and was written:-

“Somaliland president H.E. Mr. Ahmed Mohamed Mohamud known as ‘Siilaanyo’ today signs officially the law of forming political parties into immediate effect”

According to the press statement, the law permits that political parties can be formed in order to contest the forthcoming local council elections.

The newly formed political parties will compete the three existing national political parties namely KULMIYE-the ruling party, UDUB and UCID.

The three parties that gain most votes will automatically qualify and become National political parties.

The newly formed political parties must pay one hundred fifty million Somaliland Shillings which is equivalent to twenty thousand dollars.

NGONGE   

^^ Shall we set up our one, Xaaji? I will concede the presidancy to you should we win, as long as you pay the hundred and fifty million shillings to register us. Somalido way caqli yaryehiin saaxib, xaamaasad iyo caadifaad ayaa ka adag, I can drum up lots of nationalistic nonsense to sway the voters and you can deliver it in your unique style. It's a win-win. Mise Jb baan la heshiiyaa? :D

25.000 USD dollars intan xisbi siisan laha maan wasiirnimo doonta in ka badan ba i so noqon lahayd eh xita hadan xisbi samaysto oo ngonge Madaxweyne kuxigeen i noqdo yaa ina garantee gereeynaya inaynu xisbigeeni Dalka qabsado,, Waad arkaysa waxa ku dhacay Suldaan faisal cali waraabe,

NGONGE   

Suldaan faisal farsamada ka xumaatay dee. I have a plan that will see us getting votes. Xisbiyada kale ayaa la isku dira. Ama xisbiyada yaryar ayaa lala heshiiya (only three must win in the end). Early coalition building is the ticket, saaxib.

This will be a disaster. They should have kept 3 party max. This president will be remembered for signing this when things go wrong.

Carafaat   

This law hasnt been thought through. Althought opening up the system is what people want, still lawmakers should have

considered the conditions in order to prevent fragmentation and polarization of the country.

The Guurti has dissapointed me. :(

NG would either make the most brilliant Somali politician alive or dead and sweep the elections (who'll loan him the 20k? It's an investment!) or he will become the most reviled person in SL and be deported (sorry about that investment). It's 50/50. A good enough risk for some.

I'm willing to contribute £100 to your campaign NG.

Qaranki   

AfricaOwn;742392 wrote:
This will be a disaster. They should have kept 3 party max. This president will be remembered for signing this when things go wrong.

According to the press statement, the law permits that political parties can be formed in order to contest the forthcoming local council elections.

The newly formed political parties will compete the three existing national political parties namely KULMIYE-the ruling party, UDUB and UCID.

The three parties that gain most votes will automatically qualify and become National political parties.

Sounds like a good deal, it now means the existing parties must shape up or face losing it's status as a contender for the next presedential elections.

UCID must be feeling the heat right about now.

^^ Exactly, having 3 parties qualify to become national political party will be a major issue. I really hope for the best, but we can all expect drama to come out of this. Gaboose now is relying on his sub-clan to make him president, another will do the same, and another.....