Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

Abaarso Tech new and improved website

Xaaji Xunjuf;728024 wrote:
Looks very nice but i do not like Dr Ahmed Hussein Ciise.

Lets not discuss the man here. He maybe related to SOL folks. Who knows

STOIC   

Great and up-to date website...I have said before this is the future of Somaliland (and Somalis as a people)...something from the website caught my eyes..the student in me couldn't resist to check the qualification for admissions to the school...it has defined international student as..."International students: Any students who have NOT lived in Somaliland for at least 3 of the last 5 years" I hope this does NOT apply to any Somali kid residing in Current Somalia (but only to diaspora student).Politics aside I'd love to see any Somali kid who has the opportunity to attend this school not denied admission on the basis of his/her region.The existing academic rules of the school should expressly provide a right to any Somali student who can afford to attend the school regardless to region they hail from..This school will single handedly shape the future of Somalis by bringing talented students from as far as Mogadishu to Kismayu.....

STOIC;728078 wrote:
Great and up-to date website...I have said before this is the future of Somaliland (and Somalis as a people)...something from the website caught my eyes..the student in me couldn't resist to check the qualification for admissions to the school...it has defined international student as..."International students: Any students who have NOT lived in Somaliland for at least 3 of the last 5 years" I hope this does NOT apply to any Somali kid residing in Current Somalia (but only to diaspora student).Politics aside I'd love to see any Somali kid who has the opportunity to attend this school not denied admission on the basis of his/her region.The existing academic rules of the school should expressly provide a right to any Somali student who can afford to attend the school regardless to region they hail from..
This school will single handedly shape the future of Somalis by bringing talented students from as far as Mogadishu to Kismayu.....

this is a school in somaliland. this means the students will be sourced from the local catchment area. this means that students are most likely from Somaliland. south somalis have developed this inferiority complex, whenever anything progressive is happening, why must you pretend to play the victim card? if there is a decent school is in Garowe, I will most certainly will not make enquiries as to its efficacy. I will try to make a better school and not ask questions about its inclusiveness. STOIC, its seems to me that you want to be a somali from a distance and indulge in non-practical internet based speculation, spreading misinformation in the process.

STOIC   

Alpha,

Heh.What inferiority complex you talking about? I can sense that you are young and immature little brat...Why do you have to insult people?... I believe in equal opportunity for all Somali student and academic freedom...I think you need to look hard in the mirror and open your horizon to different opinions and views....

STOIC;728105 wrote:
Alpha,

Heh.What inferiority complex you talking about? I can sense that you are young and immature little brat...Why do you have to insult people?... I believe in equal opportunity for all Somali student and academic freedom...I think you need to look hard in the mirror and open your horizon to different opinions and views....

oh!, i wonder how you could have possibly come to such conclusions?

STOIC   

^if your brain case wasn't so empty to begin with I'll have spared you that conclusion.....

lol@STOIC. You're pathetic! you just have to accept there is some shortcomings in your analysis. i wont call you names but why are asking if the school has spaces for students from the south. would you rather have a quota system in place, allocated to students from the south? because that is how i construed your initial diatribe. education is much like the free market. there shouldn't be any barrier to entry somaha? education is the greatest equaliser and key to social mobility and if it means putting a few quotas in places, why not? quotas have done wonders for the likes of you and me. why deny someone else the opportunity.

anyways, I've been to this school to several times and lets just say, there is an authoritarian regime in place. all this pretence of providing a world class education hides a deep dark secret - that somali children are being encouraged to embrace western practices. apparently, you get detention for speaking somali. i'm quite sure you wouldnt want to send children there?

STOIC   

^Now you are making progress..your original tone of viewing everyone with suspicion is improving (did you even re-read your original rant?)..now I was talking about what was in the school admission policy... For Someone to be admitted to the school he/she must have lived in Somaliland for three of the last five years..Now I just wanted the school policy to be lenient on this and be open to all Somali regions without restrictions to in-state residency of Somaliland...I just want them to open the door for all qualified Somali kids on merit based......as far as Western education system indoctrination..I'd rather have my kid go to an institution that will put him/her in a par with the rest of the world.......I'd rather have a well educated kid from South/North/East/West of Somalia any day..that will be a pride for me as a Somali man...all other things including regionalism/clanism is superficial when compared to a young kid with a brain over his/her shoulder.................