Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

To the Republic of Somaliland her president H.E.Mr Ahmed Siilanyo and to the People of Somaliland.

To The Democratic Republic of Somaliland, her President, H.E. Mr. Ahmed Mohamed Mahamoud and to the people of Somaliland From: Mr. Tom Bond Director The Organization for Democratic Police, Security & Development Date: 18 May 2011 From: Mr. Tom Bond Director The Organization for Democratic Police, Security & Development To The Democratic Republic of Somaliland, her President, H.E. Mr. Ahmed Mohamed Mahamoud and to the people of Somaliland both in country and throughout the diaspora, I wish you congratulations on the celebration of your 20 years of independence. I believe the Republic of Somaliland to be in the home stretch in the race to international recognition. There can be no denying the important role she has taken in the suppression of piracy and terrorism. Her stable democratic influence in the horn of Africa has been sited as a beacon for all Africa to observe and study. I have attended 3 times and intend on continuing my efforts to further her progress. The people of Somaliland are her greatest resource and it has been said that at any time one person can make the difference that can change the world. Each of you, are, that one person. Each of you has within you a chance to advance, in a positive way, how your country is viewed in the eyes of the world. But today you come together from all over Somaliland and beyond to declare that the Republic of Somaliland will not be ignored, will not be avoided and suppressed by political whim, today, you state your independence. Today, I stand with you in heart and celebrate your future. Congratulations & My Sincere Regards