Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

The Most IRONIC Somali Picture/Statue

united_somaliland_0.jpg

Indeed;United We Stand - Divided We Fall! Hargaisa, Somaliland

Illahayn Ha ina Isku Soo Celiyo - Until Then - Happy Peaceful 20th Anniversary Walaalayaal.

Blessed   

How is it ironic? Wadjir ayay horumarka noloshooda iyo nabada ugu dadaalaan, or SL would fall to war and chaos.

^^the unity of Somalis is falling apart all over the place and it is real risk of falling into oblivion abyss – the stem of this division is well known; which is the ‘divide and conquer’ tactics of the colonisers of yesteryears and the present day beneficiaries of these divisions. Hence my assertion about the irony of one entity stating the famous adage about unity whilst it is separating itself from the one source that in my opinion that is key to it being able to stand and not just stand but stand tall.

To counter or discredit this ironic picture with claims or counter argument about the nonexistence of previous practical Somali unity (as it applies the formal states and institutionalised formal unity of people) verses the usual counter argument to that arguments – about theoretical unison of people, brotherhood between city states and sense of Soomaalinimo – is to spit against strong hurricane gale force – in my humble opinion.

Please, understand the above statements are not unique to Somaliland nor are they the only advocating or even practising this divisions. But as far as this thread is concerned – Somaliland is being ironic to erect that statue in its expectations of solidifying their attempt to achieve Unity through Division.

I see Somaliland like a smaller version and case study of how Somalia will one day (inshallah) be (in peace and recovering). If they are able to unite all the people living in Somaliland, they will achieve great things, together. If they cannot for some reason unite these people, it will, at least for me, be the final nail in the coffin for Somalis as it will show that no matter how far you go, even after twenty years of apparent progress, Somalia is Somalia; divided, qabilistic and stuck. Soo... a case study to watch, for Somalia but also for Somali galbeed. What do you guys think? true or not ?

AYOUB   

Sayid*Somal;721050 wrote:

To counter or discredit this ironic picture with claims or counter argument about the nonexistence of previous practical Somali unity (as it applies the formal states and institutionalised formal unity of people) verses the usual counter argument to that arguments – about theoretical unison of people, brotherhood between city states and sense of Soomaalinimo – is to spit against strong hurricane gale force – in my humble opinion.

Excuse my ESL, but I didn't get what you meant. Can you repeat that for me. JZK.

RedSea   

As in Somaliland unity per the statue. Hargeisa does not want union with Muqdisho but Burco and Berbera, Las Anod And erigavo. Get it.

Liibaan   

Somali people United We Stand One people, One Nation, one country...

Divided We Fall Awdal State of Somalia , Northwest, SSC Somalia , Puntland, Galmudug, Hiiraan, Banadir, Bay, Bakol, and Juba Region.

Jacaylbaro;721149 wrote:
Thank you Sayid .....

It is ironic some people want
more
division of clan lines in order to achieve Somali unity ...
:D

indeed it is ironic - but it is natural for number 1 to lead into number 2 as 'little' will lead into 'more' :D

AYOUB;721091 wrote:
Excuse my ESL, but I didn't get what you meant. Can you repeat that for me. JZK.

is not so much your ESL - rather it is mine being EAL.

All i was trying to say is - don't come here and say: there was no such thing as somali unity to begin with. WYK.