Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

NBA Finals 2010-2011

Somalina   

NBA-Play-offs-Roundup-March-6,-2011-Chic

Derrick Rose became the youngest player to win the Maurice Podoloff Trophy as the NBA Most Valuable Player.

Michael Jordan is back baby :D

p.s. Che and BOB I'm sorry about what happened to the Lakers. Naaaaaah I aint! Mac sokor! :D

Somalina   

Big game tomorrow! where is Layzie? lay it on us (200 words this time). :D

--------

NBA: Chicago braces for a difficult test vs. Miami

DEERFIELD, Ill. • Derrick Rose saw the talent, saw the attitude and saw no reason this couldn't be a special season for the Chicago Bulls.

Well, 62 regular-season victories and two playoff series victories later, it's still going strong. The Bulls knocked off Atlanta on Thursday, and now comes their toughest test: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference finals.

"We know that we have something special in front of us," Rose said.

Not since Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen were wrapping up their second championship three-peat in 1998 have the Bulls advanced this far. Not that it's been easy, though. Indiana put up a fight in the first round before bowing out in five games. So did Atlanta, before the Bulls beat them 93-73 in Game 6 of the conference semifinals Thursday night.

"This is playoff basketball," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said Friday. "Games are always going to be tough. They're going to be tight games. You have to be able to rely on your habits, the things you've been doing all season long."

What they did during the regular season worked quite well. The Bulls won more regular-season games than any other team, locking up home-court advantage throughout the playoffs after a massive roster overhaul that came on the heels of back-to-back 41-win seasons and first-round playoff exits.

The moves that sparked the turnaround are well-documented, from the firing of Vinny Del Negro and hiring of Thibodeau — who recently was named the NBA's coach of the year — to the execution of their backup plan after James, Wade and Chris Bosh wound up together in Miami.

The Bulls instead got power forward Carlos Boozer and a cast of role players that gave them one of the league's deepest rotations. Of course, it helped that a certain point guard from the city's South Side continued his rapid rise.

But he struggled at times against Indiana's double teams in the opening round. His shooting is down from 44.5 percent to 40 percent in the postseason, too. Even so, he's still averaging 28.8 points and 8.2 assists.

"We've been a team all season," Boozer said. "It hasn't been a one-man show. But our one man's pretty good!"

Somalina   

The Heat were beaten badly (21 pt lead). King James only had 15 points, and Wade left with 18 points.

The Heat could not defeat the Bulls during the regular season, and I don't think they will now.

I predict Dallas v Chicago final.

Oz   

Finals- Le-bron vs Dirk Nowitzki, still can't believe thunder lost that game 4.

After James (beardie)Harden was faulted out, the Thunder's whole offense game changed. Scoring only 6 points for the last 4 mins of regulation+the overtime. That was a complete melt down.

Somalina   

Che -Guevara;722969 wrote:
Somalina....It's not fair we win every time-let others enjoy the glory.

lol@everytime... quuq mataqaanaa... :D

Somalina   

Che -Guevara;722979 wrote:
loool...it feels like everytime considering we won five championships in the last decade:)

What about the last five years Che? no Shaq no dynasty and you know it! anyways, I will talk to you in 2030. lol

The Zack   

Che,

The big three would kick you out of Cambridge and Chelsea area if they knew you were a fan of gabdhaha (Lakers).. unless of course you are originally from LA.

I am glad the King is finally getting the ring he so much deserves even though I am kinda mad at him for leaving the cavs.