Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

UAE vs Oman in Gulf Cup Final

N.O.R.F   

UAE 1 Saudi Arabia 0

I was with the KSA :(

UAE in Gulf Cup final

By Yasir Abbasher, Staff Reporter

Abu Dhabi: Esmail Mattar scored a heart stopping goal in the first minute of injury time to send hosts, the UAE, to the final match of the 18th Gulf Cup at Mohammad Bin Zayed Stadium on Saturday night.

Mattar's goal sent three-time winner Saudi Arabia home. The UAE team will next face Oman in the final match on Tuesday at Zayed Sports City – a repetition of the tournament's opening match, which the Omanis won 2-1 and at the same venue.

28_sp_uae2_5.jpg

Yalla ya Saudiya!

28_sp_uae3_5.jpg

Yalla ya emaaraat!

Link

N.O.R.F   

Mattar gets camels as present

Reuters

Abu Dhabi: A patriotic UAE fan has presented top player Esmail Mattar with two camels after the striker scored the goal against Saudi Arabia that sent his country into the Gulf Cup final.

Mattar scored in injury time to give his team a 1-0 victory at the weekend.

One camel is worth $109,000 but Mattar was quoted as saying on the Asian Football Confederation website: "I don't think about these personal gains. All I'm thinking about is winning the title for my country."

Mattar also scored the winning goal against Oman in the final, which the hosts won 1-0 on Tuesday.