Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Foreign Minister Somaliland will not participate in the reconciliation conference

Saalax   

Somaliland’s Foreign Minister says there is no call to go into Somalia Reconciliation

Hargeisa (RBC) Dr. Mohammed Omar Abdullahi, Somaliland’s foreign minister said on Sunday that Somaliland will not contribute and does not have any relationship with an intended Somali reconciliation conference. The international community recently proposed Somalia’s reconciliation conference which some officials said that north regions of Somalia (Somaliland) will be included.

President of the neighbouring region of Puntland Abdulrahman Mohammed Faroole argued Somaliland to join into a national reconciliation which will be held in the coming months. The minister said that Somaliland still insists and will continue to be an independent state from Somalia as he commented “there is no call to go into this matter”. ”Somaliland will not participate in the reconciliation conference that includes the Somali parties not only in America or elsewhere”, the minister said in an interview with the Horn of Africa newspaper.

The minister added that the meeting which was held this week in New York between representatives of Somaliland and Puntland and the TFG (Transitional Federal government of Somalia) was under the supervision of the United Nations, as he described that it was only to discuss the risks of piracy off the coast of Somalia. Mohammed Omar Abdullahi said “it is only rumors that we and Somalia will participate in the conference to bridge the gap between the Somali parties. It is a matter that has no true basis”. He added.

“For us, Somaliland stood on its feet and become a reality, and our democracy to thrive through the legislative institutions and civil society institutions, and this step indicates the direction for separation”, the minister continued.

RBC Radio

http://www.raxanreeb.com/?p=87092

Reconciliation conferences for our neighbouring country does not concern us i hope though this effort will bring the various clan states and Islamic groups closer to eachother in Somalia for the sake of their people and their country.

Well said Somaliland foreign Minister

Thankful   

The minister added that the meeting which was held this week in New York between representatives of Somaliland and Puntland and the TFG (Transitional Federal government of Somalia) was under the supervision of the United Nations, as he described that it was only to discuss the risks of piracy off the coast of Somalia.

Discuss the risks off Piracy off Somalia? So why wasn't Kenya, Djibouti, Yemen and other nations that are in close proximity of Somalia involved? Or what about accepting the 2-track Policy with Puntland for Somalia? The so-called Foreign Minister - who has been proven to be dilusional - needs to realize that he says one thing but his actions are completely something else.

He can claim all he wants that his enclave is independent but he is clearly involving it in international policies and meetings that are meant for no other country but Somalia!

ANWAR   

You do not understand that 3 villages will never, never recognised as a sovereign state .... if you say, you do not care about the probleme in somalia, why attack Puntland or the other clans that do not support your dream?:confused:

*ANWAR*;701776 wrote:
You do not understand that 3 villages will never, never recognised as a sovereign state .... if you say, you do not care about the probleme in somalia, why attack Puntland or the other clans that do not support your dream?:confused:

So can the show go on without those lousy three villages? Why do you need them? You're giving these 3 villages you speak of waaay too much credit. Don't speak of them, don't pay them no mind. Somalia can walk without them I say.

ANWAR   

^^I try not to bother, but I feel Somaliland foreign minister creeps under my skin and start to smoke!!

then I do what I must do:p

Saalax   

Xaaji Xunjuf;701771 wrote:
Reconciliation conferences for our neighbouring country does not concern us i hope though this effort will bring the various clan states and Islamic groups closer to eachother in Somalia for the sake of their people and their country.

Well said Somaliland foreign Minister

Indeed.

Saalax   

AfricaOwn well said. If they are trying to belittle Somaliland's areas why are they crying over the fact it has seceded in 1991 and doesn't want to be part of the failed state of Somalia.

You do not understand that 3 villages will never, never recognised as a sovereign state ....

First of all never say never if you are wise. Secondly it is not that matter, those 3 villages are better off without international sovereign state. Last 20 years they accomplish what they couldn't do 30 years before that under Jamuuriyaddii Jaahilka ahyd ee Somalia.