Sign in to follow this  
Urban

Sharing accommodation with a non-mahram

Urban   

My friend has a room available in his house which he shares with his fiancée, and they're both Muslim. But some one told me that it's not permissible for me to live there according to the Shari'a, so is that true? I've searched online but I couldn't find related answers, and any helpful replies with evidence would be appreciated.

salaam

Malika   

Wasalaam Aleykum.

First to live with a husband and wife will effect their privacy and relationship,second if you are going to be alone with your friend's wife that will be haram,even is she was your brothers wife its still haram..Your better off finding another place to live.

Malika   

^I did deliberately,hence using the word "wife" just so Urban can detect there is something a miss,with the sitution in the first place.Well am hoping,he knows one can not live with a fiance.. smile.gif

Nur   

Urban bro.

In the Sharia, a fiance is defined as " AJNABIYAH" a woman with no legitimate cohabitation and procreation bond to you" even if you both plan to get married at a later time.

Thus, its utterly unlawful to stay together alone in a place not regularly accessed by others, let alone being room mates, which is stepping stome to falling in Sin.

Nur