N.O.R.F   

The USA lost:

The Baseball World Cup

The Basketball World Championships

The Ryder Cup

The Women's Basketball Championships

A bad World Cup

I'm pretty sure they are not Ice Hockey Champs

The 100m World Record belongs to a Jamaican (Gatlin is a cheat)

So what gives?

SeeKer   

Globalization at its best wouldn't you say? Saturated the world with americanism that the sports that were known as american (baseball and basketball) became a worldwide phenomena.

Ryder cup: Europe has won the cup 4 out of 5 times. I just hate golf and therefore could care less especially now that u actually have to punt with a team.........I mean of all things. The game is slow enough as it is.

As for football americans weren't that interested not good to begin with. Ok I will stereotype here but haven't most of the runners being of dark skin hue? So, really they r just proving Jefferson's theory...........(thats for another day).

My point is US can't be good at everything all the time. Give US a break....they r already spread thin over the cracker as it is ;)

Baluug   

Originally posted by Northerner:

No way!! Canada owns at that!! But the Carolina Hurricanes did win the Stanley Cup in '06.....but then again, the team is made up of 75% Canadians

:D

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by MC Xamar:

quote:Originally posted by Northerner:

No way!! Canada owns at that!! But the Carolina Hurricanes did win the Stanley Cup in '06.....but then again, the team is made up of 75% Canadians

:DHe is talking about NATIONAL teams..

The only thing they are good at was basketball to begin with.

Baseball was never an American Sport (it belong to the LATINOS) and Hockey is a Canadian thing. They don’t value Soccer here in America and Golf is a Golf…no one cares.

In Basketball, if their best players play in any given competition just like the rest of the world, I think they’re still the best.

nuune   

The Ryder Cup

The Americans said they lost cuz of bad weather, well that can be true since the Ryder cup was held outside of Dublin in Kildare, and it was raining all the time, typical Irish weather

Its not possible to hold #1 spot forever.

As far as U.S.A Basketball is concerned, 2008 isn't that far along, I still believe they can take the gold home, they just missing couple more pieces to make a run for it. They were 2 wins short off the gold medal. A young team, a hungry team if I might add, future of U.S.A basketball is alive and kicking it.

As far as Track is concerned, if only marion jones can stop doping long enough to win couple more titles, they're back at it. Hockey, I highly doubt U.S.A cares enough , but soccer, thats a game I anticipate to kick start in the next 5+yrs,U.S.A can be a force in the footie world if they just buy their way into players, just like they always do.