Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

:D anagu kamaan helayn that much as "yaakhii" lakin one of the local auntie feasted on roasted maize planted by the watchman.

those were just rented places but full of memories. I'm very sentimental, esp pple, all things 90s, vacations etc.

Juxa   

Salaam aleykum all

Travelling with family members is madness walahi, we cant coordinate dates of departure and return. qofkasta wants to go on specific flight and wont compromise.

no one can agree what gifts to buy, who to buy for, where to stay, what to do whilst there?

i wish they would listen to ME, the voice of reason (travel light + take cash)

Juxa   

Norf is right,

It would be so much fun to go with family members, you let them deal with the qaraabo and go off to explore

JB i have to go, got over 5 weeks annual leave holiday left which you cannot carry over to next year.

Woow ,, you're so lucky this time. But traveling with Qaraabo is not so much fun to me ,,, it is more work, you will be tired by trying to organize things ,,,, it is hard for the whole team to agree on something ,,,,, Adigoon bixin baabad sii daashay ,,, so imagine hadhow :D

Juxa   

maaddeey shakiga iska dhaaf ama aan kuu raadiyo therapist fiican. insha allah waan kuu soo duceyn

JB you are right hada baan daaley, anigu when i last visited 10 years ago, no one was into hadiyad so why isku daalinee oo culeys kugu raray. hadana maba ku sii jirto, list of requests waxa ku jira kindle or ipad (i dont own them aniga nafteyda), iphones, laptops etc

reer somalia waa duuleen runtii

NGONGE   

Alone is much better. You can duck and dive without a family memeber dropping you in it. Plus, if Juxa's lot are arguing about dates, tickets and other stuff, what will they do to her when ten thousand long lost uncles and aunties all come to "pay their respects"? Juxa will politely tell them one thing while other members of her family will tell them another (you would say anything to get away from a tight spot). If you go alone, you can always find a way to deal with the "Sabri's" of this world. :D