Sign in to follow this  
Herer

Show off in Islam (Riya)

Herer   

A serious problem for me.

I finish reciting Qu'raan OR praying Salah, and the thought of riyaa enters my mind/heart. If I immediately fight this thought with thinking about Allaah or saying Dua (Allahuma ini Caudu bika Camali Mina Riya), can I still get blessings for my recitation, or is it completely ruined forever because of riyaa.

How to overcome with this situation?

This is one of Ibliis categories of waswaasa we are supposed to ignore akhi.

Sheikh la weydiyey sababta ahlul kitaabka "cibaadadooda" waswaasku uunan saameyn ayaa jawaab caynkan u dhigey "Guri Kharaab ah Tuug miyuu u dhacaa?" (waswaas may indicate Ibliss soldiers frustration)...

Nur   

M Aden bro

I second Salman's take on this, its waswaas of Sheitan, its whispering is what you hear that your recitation is so cool, that you will will be regarded as a good Qaari. That feeling is Sheitan's whisper, you should immediately say, Acuudu billahi mina sheitaani Rajim.

If you began reciting alone with Ikhlaas, and that riyaa feeling followed, its usually from Sheitan. if you began with that feeling, its usually from you.

either case, its a form of sin, and it requires tawbah and istiqaamah of the niyah.

The way to overcome this feeling is to see less of yourself ego, and more of your faults. Love the akhira more than the Dunyaa, and seek Allah's pleasure more than pleasing his creatures.

Nur

Malika   

Salaam brothers,

Is it possible to enlighten me and others on how does one defeat the ego,which is being fed by the mind which is not 'I' the real self?

Been battling with my mind,which seems to be described as a control freak of a mind..Help!

I hope I have made sense..

*shshshuush you mind* smile.gif