Sign in to follow this  
Hassan6734

TFG and one Ethiopian officers surrender to somali forces

Somali soldiers defect to UIC

Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:25:26 GMT

Somali government soldiers

Amidst rampant violence in Somalia, nine TFG soldiers escape and voluntarily surrender to the Union of Islamic Courts fighters.

The defectors, eight Somali soldiers and one Ethiopian officer, escaped from their bases in Mogadishu and handed over their weapons to the Union of the Islamic Courts (UIC) fighters, Press TV correspondent in Mogadishu reported Saturday.

The Ethiopian officer said, “I was sent to kill innocent civilians but that is not something good to do for my country.” He stated that he would never return to Ethiopia and wanted to convert to Islam saying that his government was “colonizing the Ethiopian people.”

Despite Addis Ababa's denial of these incidents, defections are becoming more common place in Somalia as tensions escalate between the Ethiopia and the Islamic movement, UIC.

The UIC has been trying to re-establish order in the country after it was ousted by the current Transitional Federal Government backed by Ethiopia and the US in 2007.

Meanwhile, in northern Mogadishu an explosion has killed one student and seriously injured four other people near the Ramadan and Lafweyn hotels.

Fighting in the Horn of Africa nation has claimed the lives of thousands of civilians and displaced nearly a million in a humanitarian crisis which already has to contend with drought, spiraling food prices and an uncontrollable inflation.

JC/RA

The chance for the Habashi soldier to survive at Al Shabab's hand is 1% very very slim, so he must be already dead by now. The Sahaba never killed any enemy combatant that surrendered himself to them and they always treated them well. Will they do the same, I doubt!

Originally posted by Nephthys:

^ Xataa adaa? Come onnnn!!! soo taa la jirtay Shabaabka, ma ku kacday hadana? Calaashaan, why?
:D

Lool Bishaaro, I know what you implying here... iga qalee dee waa ramadane. Re. Al Shabab, eventhough I never been a fan of Alshababs I supported and still support them in their fight against habashis, warlords incl. TFG stooges I also know they are not qabiil-centric. My problems with them is rather their extreme views and violence against civilians, ala you-either-with-us-or-against-us we all tired of this, aren't we?

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Allamagan:

The chance for the Habashi soldier to survive at Al Shabab's hand is 1% very very slim, so he must be already dead by now. The Sahaba never killed any enemy combatant that surrendered himself to them and they always treated them well. Will they do the same, I doubt!

so ka nool o hadlaya? :D And if you read the article Hassan posted, the askaris didn't surrender to Alshabab icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif