Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

What are the chances of ....

Paragon   

having SOL users in Mogadishu, who have first-hand experiences on stories coming out of the city?

I was just asking myself that question. It seems most of us make up arguments based on news-feeds from websites and make judgments against one group or another. We are, to be simply honest, classic arm-chair warriors. Thus, is it really possible that we have users, resident in Mogadishu posting in this section? I am really concerned about visitors who go to the city for a brief period of time, theirs is abit like ours outside the country. They are more likely to become bombarded by the different perspectives present to them by those in the city supporting different views points, which may only lead to confusion.

So, if there is any user in Mogadishu, would you please do us the honour of giving us a discription of the situation on the ground? Thanks

Interesting question Paragon.

We regularly get requests from Somali "journalists" interested in sending us "news". We always decline. SOL gets a hundreds of visitors from Mogadishu on a daily basis, but that is small compared to SOL visitors from Hargeisa. It is sad that most SOL nomads who log on from back home don’t post. I guess they are busy enjoying their vacation, and are not in the mood to report their account of events. They become “silent readersâ€. :D

As is evident on the following SOL visitors map, Mogadishu, Hargeisa and Boosaaso are the only cities with a “significant†number of visitors mapped by our tracking software. The dots indicate "significant" number of visitors.

solvs.JPG

Quite interesting mao LST, but could you be more accurate about what "significant" means here or implement a more precise software without much hassle.

For instance, it seems that there is a rather "significant" Sol-connecting Somali presence in Portugal while the presence in the USA seems comparable to that in Europe if we count the dots.

At any rate, we have the scientific proof that Somalis are materialist now given their concentration in the Great lake regions in North america or the heart of western europe ;)