Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Involvement of the Somali Community in Local Politics and Community Affairs

Paragon   

Member of Parliament for Hayes and Harlington, John McDonnell, will be chairing a meeting with Local Somali Community to discuss ways that will ensure the advancement of the Local Somali Community. Below, I'd Like to communicate to you his very words of request.

John McDonnell MP

Member of Parliament for Hayes and Harlington

Constituency Office, Pump Lane

Hayes, Middlesex, UB3 3NB

Tel: 020 8569 0010

Fax: 020 8569 0109

Involvement of the Somali Community in Local Politics and Community Affairs

Dear Friend

I am writing to invite you to a meeting to discuss the involvement of members of the local Somali community in local politics and local community affairs. The meeting will take place in the Hayes Islamic Centre on Pump Lane on Saturday 13th March starting at 10:00 am.

As you know there is a large settled Somali community in Hayes and Harlington. This community is now thriving with numerous local businesses, local Somali people engaged in professional work and our children succeeding within our local schools and colleges.

However, there is a need now for the Somali community to move forward to ensure that local Somali people are fullly engaged and represented in the life of the wider Hayes and Harlington community.

The purpose of this meeting is to discuss how we can encourage and enable members of the local Somali community to actively participate in local politics and community life. The meeting will comprise an overview of local political and community structures and advise on how people can become engaged. There will also be an opportunity for discussion and question and answer sessions.

I do hope that you will be able to attend and do look forward to meeting you.

I am grateful to the Islamic Centre committee for allowing use their centre for this meeting.

Yours sincerely

John McDonnell MP

Member for Parliament for Hayes and Harlington