Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The good and the bad Punties

Abtigiis   

Lest some take A&T's rants against Puntland and conclude there is nothing good but the sun from Puntland and in so doing do a great disservice to the real Somali's from that penisula, I have to mention few among the many personalities who made an unforgettable service to Somalinimo.

Mudane Maxamed Cawaale Liibaan (Alle ha u naxariiste) was the man who invented the five-star blue flag.

Mudane Yaasiin Cismaan (with Sakhaawadiin) (Alle ha u naxariiste) was the co-founder of the SYL.

And the man who invented the first somali letters (called cusmaaniyada but never used later) was from that region.

On the otherhand you have an infamous list of YEY, Faroole, Morgan etc.

Abtigiis   

Dadku waa isku jiraa kolkaa no one should fall for the myopia of generalisation that we utter for a purpose in this forum.

Even here in SOL you have LST, Gheele T, Che

And you have General Duke, Mr. Somalia, and all the 'dufcadda' -Alshabab'ta ah ee waa dhaweyd la inagu soo daayey!

A&T wrote: I have stopped katfan and stereotyping, not giving my opinions on the deeds and misdeeds of Puntland administration and politicians.

Peace wrote:

I don't think the trouble was attacking the administration or the politicians, that is fair game even for Puntlanders. However the issue was blanket, unwarranted attacks on the people of Puntland.

Puntland is an exemplar; an antagonist; a source of inspiration and a guiding spirit.

Without Puntland, the anarchists(m-scoiety/USC), secessionists(marfashlanders), Ethiopian refugees(O.N.uff boys/caano-booreyaal) and religious deviants(Al Shaydhaan) would not know what to do with themselves, because Puntland has become like a vessel into which they collectively pour their idiosyncrasies, preferences, abhorrences, prejudices, secrets, apprehensions and joys.

Puntland is their unrealized dreams; Puntland is their innocence and guilt. Their doubts and certainties; Puntland has become their most generous and also most grudging response through these difficult times in Somalia.

Puntland is all things to all people: PUNTLAND IS AN ENIGMA!!! :cool: