Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Death Caravan v17.1: The demise of the Somali Republic!

Nephissa   

JB, not to sound mean, but you sound a little like sour grapes here....

Xaasid ma aflaxo, always remember that brother [if I can call you one.]

Since the independence and the merge of Somaliland and Somalia to form the Somali republic the death caravan took its way in different shapes and types according to the situation and time.

When i'm talking about the death Caravan i'm talking about the death and killing that is happening or happened within the Somali people with the political motivation.

This was a bit calm from 1960 until early 70s where the religious leaders were sentenced to death by the Somali government. In 1978 right after the war with Ethiopia the death Caravan took its highest speed when the SSDF was formed and an entire villages, towns and regions were targeted by its own government killing almost everybody, burning the houses and poisoning the water wells.

The caravan again moved to Hargeisa killing hundreds of demonstrators in 1982. That caravan stationed in Somaliland moving from one region to another untill 1988 where it moved with its highest speed. The government was bombing its own people killing hundreds of thousands and letting the rest of them suffering outside the main towns.

In 1991 the caravan moved to South Somalia where the government was chased away.

The drivers of the caravan then turned to be many. At the time it was ran by Gen. Aidid where thousands of innocent people were killed starting from Mogadishu all the way to the Kenyan borders.

In 1993 the caravan took another path and that was when the UNISOM was deployed in the country.

Again in 2004 the caravan was led by the current warlord, AY bringing Ethiopians into the country and letting them spray the remaining of that long and painful caravan.

That death caravan is still taking place causing the demise of the Somali republic.

The practical news and highlights will be posted here depending on my availability.