Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

2 Million Dollars To Expand Hargeisa Airport

Mogadishu and Hargeysa are so lucky Siad Barre regime built them aiports.

Hargeisa Airport was built in 1953 ...... nothing to do with Siyad barre except some renovations.

Thankful   

loooooooooooooool,

Hargeisa Airport was built in 1953 ...... nothing to do with Siyad barre except some renovations.

I don't believe the runway was built 56 years ago as you imply! The buildings are easy to make, it's the asphalt run way that is the costly and difficult thing to make. That was definitely made by Siad.

Thankful   

Just like the vital Berbera Sea Port was completed in 1969; so was airport, around that time. The runway is not 56 years old, it was built after Somalia's independence.

i guess big phat azz xalimoos can land there now! huh. good job.

so who was the accountant! u got one plane that lands there and u spend 2m!! i am sure the birds happy.

Originally posted by ThankfulSP:

Just like the vital Berbera Sea Port was completed in 1969; so was airport, around that time. The runway is not 56 years old, it was built after Somalia's independence.

Man, i can see you are a total foreigner who doesn't even read the history ...... keep thinking homeboy.

Thankful   

It's common sense, there is no way the aiport was built 1953, as you allege. Practically everything was built during the cold war. AFTER INDEPENDENCE in 1969.

Hargeisa_airport.jpg

Common sense eh ?? ,,,,,,,, :D

Looks like you are related to Siad Barre niyow thus believe everything was built during his time ...

what do u think of Hargeisa Bridge then ? ,,, (that is if you know it has a bridge) ,,

Thankful   

I have no relationship to Siad, and I believe that once his powerful allies had abandoned him he was chased out and hand to go to the other side of the continent. His plan was that if he was not the leader the nation would burn. He didn’t know when to step down and put himself before anything else.

Regardless of the fact, during his reign and the substantial help he received from the two super powers and other nations. Mogadishu and Hargeysa grew enormously. That's all I’m saying!

The Bridge is nothing compared to an airport and sea port. You can't even compare the two. The airport and sea port is the connection to the rest of the world, even the live stock quarantine would useless without the two, and other valuable aide comes in. Every car, computer and television comes in there. There’s no factors building these things, it’s coming through the port. All the most essential infrastructure was built between 1960-91(mostly during Siad's time). That's what I’m saying. Don't try and say the hargeysa run way was built in 1953.

AYOUB   

^^ Do waste your valuable time with clueless ThankfulSP, please do continue with the propaganda coz Ramadan is just round the corner you know. ;) What else is our benevolent leader building for the country "next summer"? smile.gif

Thankful   

Why is it when you talk to one NW Somali, is "relative" needs to jump in.

JB, you've said enough!! You actually think that run way has been around since 1953. WOW.

RedSea   

Thankful,

It was also destroyed twice by the Siyad forces and the local militias during the civil wars. So this new facility is relatively new.

RedSea   

Originally posted by nuune:

^^^ lol@an airforce, Redsea, haye u wana become the future Somaliland fighter jet pilots, it can be done
smile.gif

lool well lets not rule anything out yet. But Riyaale is yet to keep his promise that he was gonna establish SL airforce by 2009.