Sign in to follow this  
Chief_Aaqil

Cabinet Members of Puntland known to the Diaspora as “Naas iyo Nikaax”

NASSIR   

Chief, You sound ever more desperate.

I remember similar accusations being made against HadhwanaagNews' editors just because they were supportive of Mr. Silanyo's candidacy and critical to Mr. Riyale's policies, or the GaroweOnline's barrage of criticism during Ade Muse's tenure. The clan factor is a reality in post-anarchic Somalia but the acquisition of certain posts comes at an unexpected time and opportunity for individuals who might be both influential and born of the major clan-families. (A temporary solution)

So in this case Mr. Farjac has every right to be critical of his state though he went overboard with some of his remarks in this article. It doesn't mean that he belongs to a minority class.

It seems the challenge for all Somali clans is how to secure the highest post in any government and use that as a leverage to a better social and political status. Next thing we would probably hear is dispute over the chain of command for ONLF or the power distribution of Galmudug establishment or Benadir city government and how certain clans are denied of their Maandeeq. :D

In Puntland he is considered to be part of a minority class. And that is where the real frustration lies.

This issue's is not comberable with the power distribution discussion in other regions, because those tribes dont have a King tribe. Puntland has a cast which considers itself as King. No other tribe in Somaliland or Somalia has a King tribe, which considers other clans as their subjects.

Jacpher   

^What minority class is he?

lol@cast & king tribe.

This guy sounds like a prostitute oo them cabinet boys isticmaaleen kir ku dheheen.

Jacpher   

^You don't have to name names. Just say the region, state or city. I need to know who is "they" that feel "used" and "abused" Tell me what region feels this way and where does this guy hail from.

Jacpher   

^Oh I see. I think that's in Bari region. What makes you think they're a minority class and "feel used and abused"?

Waar ninka ha tooganinee, is there a grain of truth in what he has written? If there is, it is a criticism that should make the admin to correct their ways, in the interest of the long term betterment of the said admin. Period.

I'm looking forward to Part 2.

Samafal   

:D:D Farjac looks desperate. By the way his clan are one of the richest and the most influential in Puntland politics. The finance minster, the governer of Bari region and many more are held by them.

He is just upset he did not get more than two votes in the last election and mostly rejected by his own clan. He knows he has no future in Puntland so that's why he's badmouthing others.

The Puntland cabinet by far are the best that has ever came along and include in their ranks some of the finest in the diaspora. There's always a room for improvment but not this way. Farjac will probably regret what he wrote in the morning when he becomes sober.

NASSIR   

Jacphar, Aaqil is either a Somalilander in disguise of Maakhir identity or he is the latter who has drunk from his uncles' prejudices and bed time stories. I even have friends from one of the major clans in Jigjiga Region. They were born and bred in Berbera but unfortunately harbor such ill-fed rumors about the people of Puntland. They also consider themselves as 'Somalilanders', a people and country distinct from the rest of Somalia. (Aaqil seems more unionist than my friends)

I do not intend to patronize Chief Aaqil but I believe his ideas and beliefs of certain regions shall change for the better as he engages with SOL members' diverse perspectives. :D

Saalax   

Caaqil, being a somalilander? who are we kidding his properly 1 of the pirates in disguise notice how he uses the word "the triangle", i doubt his from makhiir though.

Saalax   

What kind of Dervish would propose his home regions to be given to ethiopia? that sounds like the bizzare ideas of our pirate neighbours.

NASSIR   

^When did he propose? So you believe he is a "Pirate" whirling in waves of mystery and acting on evil designs just to convey the wrong impression of certain groups and confound us here in the process. :D:D