Sign in to follow this  
Camel Mlik

Puntland State University partners with MCTC

Puntland State University partners with MCTC

- Thursday, July 14, 2005 at 14:43

We are pleased to announce that in coordination with Somali Family Services, Minneapolis Community and Technical College (MCTC) is entering into a sister institution relationship with Puntland State University, which is located in Puntland’s capital city of Garowe.

As home to many students from Somalia, we believe this sister institution relationship will further our college’s international education efforts. In time, we hope this relationship will include student and faculty exchanges, as well as distance and on-line education opportunities.

As a first step in this endeavor, we are assisting with fundraising that will allow 30 students to attend Puntland State University. An entire year of college costs about $300 at Puntland State University.

With your generous support, I hope we can all work together to help 30 students attend this university and achieve their educational goals. We are also pleased to host Ms. Zahra Nur whose organization, Diakonia Sweden, has been instrumental in providing technical and financial assistance to Puntland State University.

A reception for Ms. Nur will be held: Friday, July 29, 2005 Noon – 1:00 pm General Mills Community Room Wheelock Whitney Hall Minneapolis Community and Technical College Please R.S.V.P. to Dawn Davis at 612-659-6315 by July 20, 2005. For contributions, please make checks payable to Somali Family Services, and send to the address listed on the enclosed donation card.

I hope you are able to attend the July 29th reception and I look forward to seeing you.

Sincerely,

Phillip L. Davis President

Abdurashid Ali

612-327-9730