Type: Ilyushin 76

Operator: Transaviaexport Airlines

C/n / msn:

First flight:

Crew: Fatalities: / Occupants:

Passengers: Fatalities: / Occupants:

Total: Fatalities: 11 / Occupants: 11

Airplane damage: Written off

Location: off Mogadishu International Airport (MGQ) (Somalia)

Phase: Initial climb

Nature: Unknown

Departure airport: Mogadishu International Airport (MGQ/HCMM), Somalia

Destination airport: ?

Narrative:

The Il-76 cargo plane was struck by a missile shortly after takeoff from Mogadishu (MGQ) and crashed into the sea. Initial reports say that the airplane had delivered equipment for the repair of a company Il-76TD (EW-78826) that sustained substantial damage after being hit by a missile on March 9, 2007.

Sources:

Lenta.ru

Reuters

This information is not presented as the Flight Safety Foundation or the Aviation Safety Network’s opinion as to the cause of the accident. It is preliminary and is based on the facts as they are known at this time.

This is disturbing development, runtii. Bari diyaaradaha caadiga, Jubba Airways ka dhig, oo Soomaali wada saaran ayee soo ridi doonaan, since diyaarad hawada ku jirto sida loo arko yartahay noocee tahay, xataa haddee hoos ku socoto soo dageyso ama kaceyso.

Haddee iyaga -- kuwee yihiinba -- soo ridina bari oo kaliya raadsado diyaaradaha Ugaandha, kuwa kale waxmagarato ayaa isku tijaabin doono.

Finally sida Baqdaad camal ayaa ka dhaceyso, oo markee kaceyso iyo markee soo dageysaba kor, kor, kor, kor ayee isla markiiba u kacee afka aadinee, and I don't think that decades old Soviet-built planes of Jubba Airways can handle mid isla markii kor u kici karto ama kor kasoo degi karto within seconds iyadoo aan soo gaabsan.

I hope taas dhacday maanta inay Soomaali ku jirin.

BiLaaL   

^^I also hope that there weren't any Somalis civilians onboard the plane. Having said that, however, i think its important to cut off supplies to the occupation(both Ethiopian and AU forces). Reports so far indicate that all 11 onboard were AU personell. These planes are crucial to the occupying forces. The arsenal they carry will inevitably be used to kill innocent civilians.