Sign in to follow this  
Cowke

Onlf Shabab Are responsible for current instability in Puntland

RedSea   

^ I understand Somalis aren't that good at state building, but they'll open the wallets and would verbally support the cause if asked enough. Also how about the the Hawd reserve area and folks living there. Surely also the Og community hasn't also rallied behind the ONLF the way you'd hope to see. It's time I think the ONLF set down and thought for a moment and gather what works and what doesnt.

Small concentrated attacks on Important Ethiopian garrisons is more important full blown guerilla warfare. Remember the attack against the oil field. That was superb mission and the Xabashi troops suffered heavy casualties of over 70 on that spot. Now how attack on Ethiopia heartland. I really just want to see them Ethiopian cities taste little bit of their own shock and awe.

The Zack   

Not that I am saying ONLF's strategy is close to perfection but speaking from what I have personally seen in that region, the Ethiopians are definitely feeling the pain. Trust me there is a fire in their hearts. The ONLF doesn't control any bigger city but they are indeed keeping the xabashis feel very insecure in that region. Do you think that the Xabashis are burning small towns for fun? Or do you believe that they keep messing with the general Somali politics just because they love to do so? I will give a very good example, if an Ethiopian military vehicle needs to travel from Qabridahar to Shilabo, a dispatch is made to ten other fully loaded vehicles to help that one vehicle move to its destination. Even so, they are still attacked. Trust me sxb the xabashis are not enjoying in their occupation of that region. They barely control the bigger cities but they are not in peace. Keep in mind these guys have the "strongest" military in the horn and it will take time to kick them out but they will be kicked out.

As far as your last sentence, if you are referring to committing suicide bombings in the Xabashi's heartland cities, that is not something the ONLF intends to do. If you were referring attacking those cities in a different way, that sounds good idea.