Sign in to follow this  
Somali_Friend

Hard to keep up with many places - ethiopia everywhere no somalis

Mogadishu 24, Dec.06 ( Sh.M.Network) – Latest reports from Baledweyn, central Somalia, indicate that Ethiopian warplanes are bombing the main town of Hiran region.

Witnesses said the planes air raided market vicinities, where people were shopping. They also said large numbers of students in the area were supplied with arms to fight with the Ethiopian troops.

The Ethiopian air raiding is reportedly going on in Baledweyn and around the town.

Baledweyn is 350 (220 miles) south of the capital Mogadishu. Earlier Islamic Courts called on Muslim fighters around the world to come to Somalia and wage their jihad war in Somalia.

We will keep you updated as the news comes.

http://www.shabelle.net/news/ne1932.htm

(SomaliNet) Buurhakaba residents woke up Sunday morning with the sound of artillery shells being exchanged by the Islamic Courts and the federal government supported Ethiopian army. The shelling started around five am Sunday, Somalia time.

A resident in Burhakaba told SomaliNet that both sides are exchanging very loud and deafening shells. She said the incoming shells are much lauder than the previous days suggesting either the government side is using longer range artillery pieces or they are coming closer to Buurhakaba area.

It is still too early and neither side has commented on today's fight yet. We'll keep you updated as more news comes in.

http://www.somalinet.com/news/world/Somalia/6110

Aweys osman Yusuf

Mogadishu 24, Dec.06 ( Sh.M.Network) – The fighting in Somalia has expanded into fresh areas of central provinces, with independent reports indicating that the Ethiopian military forces are directly involved in fighting with Islamic Courts Union that controls the country’s capital city, Mogadishu.

On Sunday, bitter fighting rages from Daynunay, less than 30 km southeast of Baidoa, a seat for the interim government, Jawil and Bandiradley in central Somalia. Residents in Baidoa say they could hear the loud sounds of the artillery and mortar shells explosions.

Casualties of the war are still unclear as both sides claim they killed hundreds from each other.

Reports from Bandiradley say hundreds of Ethiopian military troops backing the transitional government have air raided Islamist targets in Jawil near the Ethiopian border.

Abu Salman, the Islamic Courts officer in Jawil said the Ethiopian troops were air-pounding Jawil using helicopter gun-ships and tanks. He alleged that the Ethiopian troops have initiated the fight early Sunday morning.

Residents in Hiran provincial main town of Baledweyn say fear that the war may inflict their town has escalated, with some has already begun fleeing their homes.

The fighting between the Islamic Courts Union and Ethiopian forces, protecting the transitional government, has started predawn in Bandiradley within Mudug region, central Somalia.

Witnesses say the Ethiopian military forces, accompanied by Abdi Qeybdid’s militias and troops of the autonomous regional government of Puntland have occupied near Bandiradley, the ICU military barrack in central Somalia.

Abdi Qeybdid was the last warlord forcefully evicted from the capital in 12 July this year.

Sheik Mohamood Jimale Agoweyne, the ICU spokesperson for central regions in the country, has accused Ethiopia of attacking their bases. “Ethiopian military aircrafts are positioned in Galkayo airport and it is possible that they will use them in their war against us”, he added.

Puntland administration was not available for comments over the new situation in the areas under its control.

The spreading war that might suck in neighboring countries shows no sign of cessation, despite approved peace talks by the Islamic Courts and the transitional government based in Baidoa, 245 km (155 miles) southwest of the capital Mogadishu.

Thousands of people have fled their homes in Daynunay, Idaale and Manas near Baidoa, with some even fleeing the capital in fear of Ethiopian air bombings.

The war has entered its sixth day.

http://www.shabelle.net/news/ne1931.htm

Plus a lot more

Xoogsade   

Yea, so you can celebrate ala Orthodox style in your church on sunday gloating over the bomded out somali towns and the killing of their civilians by the Ethiopian Army.

I know lowlies have no sense of dignity but if you had any, you wouldn't show up on our faces letting us know how your filthy dogs are killing our brethren.

Unfortunately, you have as many filthy somalis in collusion with you and at bar with you at any level.

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Yea, so you can celebrate ala Orthodox style in your church on sunday gloating over the bomded out somali towns and the killing of their civilians by the Ethiopian Army.

I know lowlies have no sense of dignity but if you had any, you wouldn't show up on our faces letting us know how your filthy dogs are killing our brethren.

Unfortunately, you have as many filthy somalis in collusion with you and at bar with you at any level.

First of all lets not bring Allah(SWT) into lies and manufactured "news" of ethiopia here, ethiopia there, ethiopia everywhere.

Secondly:

Did you ask yourself as a moslem when ICU declared Jihad on Negash if its Islamic or anti-Islamic to do so?

If you were celebrating a few months ago when the imposters of ICU were declaring Jihad and a fake one at that, on the people of ethiopia, enjoy it now too, nothing has changed.

Thirdly:

we have been saying all along. Leave us alone, leave our name alone. If you are true to your self, face and sit with your own brother as somali and as moslem. Bring us to your solutions, but please don't bring us to your clan fights.

I think that is fair. My debt to my anscestors is to be fair, rightous and generous to the best of my ability. I hope I stay that way.

I pray that war as destructive as it is be fast and decisive so the people of somalia can move on into rebuilding their lives and country.

We have been through it many times. I know how painful and saddening these are, but you cannot keep blaming it on ethiopia. Blame yourself for a change.

I hate ethiopians that blame europeans or africans for our poverty, wars and backwardness. I expect the same from you.

Jacpher   

Ethiopian planes bomb Somali areas - witnesses Sunday December 24, 08:24 AM

BAIDOA, Somalia (Reuters) - Ethiopian planes dropped bombs and fired missiles on two locations in Somalia on Sunday, witnesses said, as fighting between Somali Islamists and their Ethiopian-allied rivals raged for a sixth day.

There was no immediate word from Ethiopia, the Somali interim government or the Islamists.

Resident Abdirashid Hassan said he saw planes

ADVERTISEMENT

drop bombs on the outskirts of Baladwayne, 190 miles (300 km) from the capital Mogadishu. "The Ethiopians have started bombing," he said by telephone.

Another witness, businessman Farah Osman, said two Ethiopian planes fired missiles on the outskirts of Bandiradley, 435 miles (700 km) north of Mogadishu.

If confirmed, the use of foreign attack aircraft would raise the stakes in the most sustained combat yet between the Ethiopia-backed interim government and Islamists.

The Islamists took power in Mogadishu and a swathe of southern Somalia in June, challenging the Western-backed interim government's aim to restore central rule for the first time since dictator Mohamed Siad Barre was toppled in 1991.

This week's clashes have heightened fears of a major regional war that would ensnare Horn of Africa rivals Ethiopia and Eritrea and trigger possible suicide bombings in East Africa.

Fighters loyal to both sides started firing shells, rockets and machine guns at each other shortly after dawn, witnesses said, in battles that spread to four fronts.

Military experts estimate Ethiopia has 15,000-20,000 troops in Somalia, while Eritrea has about 2,000 behind the Islamists.

Asmara denies the accusation, while Addis Ababa admits only having a few hundred military trainers in Baidoa.

"Fighting is going on from one part of the country to the other. The Islamic Courts have ignited the war they promised yesterday," Information Minister Ali Ahmed Jama "Jangali" told Reuters from the encircled government base Baidoa.

"They will lose in this fighting."

Both sides say they have killed hundreds since the fighting began on Tuesday, although aid agencies report dozens of dead.

An Islamist fighter close to the semi-autonomous Puntland region, north of Baidoa, said: "Now there is a full-blown war."

Heavy fighting was reported round Daynunay, the government's forward military base about 20 km (12 miles) southeast of Baidoa. Battles also broke out in Manas to the west, Kalaber to the north and Bandiradley, close to the border with Puntland.

A hospital source, declining to be identified, said medical teams were waiting to treat troops from the front.

"The fighting is getting nastier. There must be a lot of casualties," the source said.

On Saturday, the Islamists urged foreign Muslim fighters to join their "holy war" against Ethiopia. They accuse Christian-led Ethiopia, a key U.S. ally in its war against terrorism, of invading Somalia.

(Additional reporting by Guled Mohamed and Sahal Abdulle in Mogadishu)

Dadkiina ninkaan Amxaarka/Tigreyga isku sheega ah la hadlaayo oo u jawaabaayo ayaan la yaabaa. War ninkaan shib iskaga dhaha, qashinka provocative uu meesha ku qoro kas ayee ka tahay oo in loo jawaabo ayuu jecelyahay.

Asagaa meesha ku caajisi doono hadii shib laga wada dhaho, ka ahayn kuwa u dabanaageeyo.

Eebbe ha u naxariistana masaakiinta Amxaaradaan leyneyso. Amxaareey/Tigreyoow, soo joog waa lagaa waayee soo jiif yaa lagaa helin markee Addis Ababa qaraxdo.

Xoogsade   

Somali_Enemy, It is you who reported how your Army is killing and bombing Somalis, an event worthy of celebration in your book. If you weren';t happy about it, you wouldn't have reported, you wouldn't have spoken about another town should be next for teh bombing, more somalis for the burning, I am sure you are going to drink to that today or tomorrow. You ahve the audacity to tell me that it is us who didn't leave you alone when you were invited by those who claim to be somalis, who speak our own langauge, who claim to beliefe in teh same beliefs as we do and your dogs happily accepted the call for the somali massacre and killing under the pretext of protecting these same hypocrites. Wallahi, you can talk as you pelase, thanks larlgery to the filthy somalis who supoprot you, who housed you, who feed you, who provide you wioth everything you need to kill somalis day and night.

There is nothing more islamic than slaughtering the ETHIOPIAN army by the thousands if anyone could. These hegemonic christian orthodox lowlies had been massacring muslims for generations laying claim to Muslim lands, robing and raping their women, forcing the conquered men into a war and use them as a cannon fodder to open up more lands.

I be frank and tell you, Somalis united under islamic leadership will be your end. We enjoy planning for, and even daydream about conqeuring Ethiopia, the Land of Ahmed Gurey and teach you once more we are the ones who forced you to eat the raw meat. Nacalaa adiga soomaalida ku taageersanba ku yaal.

The Tigre might capture few places, but they won't keep it in the long run. Somalia will become a grave yard for the aggressors, trust me on that.

Somali_Enemy, It is you who reported how your Army is killing and bombing Somalis, an event worthy of celebration in your book. If you weren';t happy about it, you wouldn't have reported, you wouldn't have spoken about another town should be next for teh bombing, more somalis for the burning, I am sure you are going to drink to that today or tomorrow. You ahve the audacity to tell me that it is us who didn't leave you alone when you were invited by those who claim to be somalis, who speak our own langauge, who claim to beliefe in teh same beliefs as we do and your dogs happily accepted the call for the somali massacre and killing under the pretext of protecting these same hypocrites. Wallahi, you can talk as you pelase, thanks larlgery to the filthy somalis who supoprot you, who housed you, who feed you, who provide you wioth everything you need to kill somalis day and night.

There is nothing more islamic than slaughtering the ETHIOPIAN army by the thousands if anyone could. These hegemonic christian orthodox lowlies had been massacring muslims for generations laying claim to Muslim lands, robing and raping their women, forcing the conquered men into a war and use them as a cannon fodder to open up more lands.

I be frank and tell you, Somalis united under islamic leadership will be your end. We enjoy planning for, and even daydream about conqeuring Ethiopia, the Land of Ahmed Gurey and teach you once more we are the ones who forced you to eat the raw meat. Nacalaa adiga soomaalida ku taageersanba ku yaal.

Xoogsade,

I know you are angry, but mixing childish talk with serious issues doesn't help anyone.

Face the fact if you love your country and people, the problems are there in your country.

We are a poor and backward country, if we can we help otherwise we don't have any bad dreams of conquering other peoples or countries as you do.

We have never taken or conquered people in Sudan, Kenya, Somalia or Djibuti. I am sure you know there are times we are stronger than these countries. It is not in our culture, its not in our blood and it is not our dream. The only dream we have is now to get out of poverty and backwardness. We need peace for that. We are prepared to fight only when needed.

As for generousity and brotherhood, I think the number of somalis (non-ethiopian)in Addis Ababa alone is enough witness to the brotherhood of people to people. That doesn't mean the somali from mugadishu in addis ababa can stop ICU from Declaring and displaying children in fake Jihad.

Jacpher   

Dadkiina ninkaan Amxaarka/Tigreyga isku sheega ah la hadlaayo oo u jawaabaayo ayaan la yaabaa. War ninkaan shib iskaga dhaha, qashinka provocative uu meesha ku qoro kas ayee ka tahay oo in loo jawaabo ayuu jecelyahay.

Asagaa meesha ku caajisi doono hadii shib laga wada dhaho, ka ahayn kuwa u dabanaageeyo.

Eebbe ha u naxariistana masaakiinta Amxaaradaan leyneyso. Amxaareey/Tigreyoow, soo joog waa lagaa waayee soo jiif yaa lagaa helin markee Addis Ababa qaraxdo.

Macalinka waad naga saxan tahay walaahi. Dhooskaan in loo jawaabo ma haboona laakiin beenhawaasnimadiisa iyo daandaansigaa laga aamusi karin. Maraxa qaab dood maba yaqaan. Been caduu soo qoraa markaa ku qabatidna mowduuc kaluu u cararaa. Wuxuu la soo shirtagaa baarlamaanka Amxaarada FATAWA bixisey iyo Somali Galbeed Melezaa xoreeyey. Waxay ila tahaya waa dhagax fowqal dhagax. Shibtaan ugu dadaalnaa.

These hegemonic christian orthodox

There are more moslems (but now you will say they are from Tigray)who will command the ethiopian defence forces than christians the minute ICU attempts to bring its terror to Oromia or Somali states of the border.

You can call us poor, raw meat eater, backward etc, but please get this:

There is nothing that pi-sses off an ethiopian moslem than being called he is less moslem by questionable characters in Mugadishu.

There is also nothing that pi-sses off the ethiopian christian (orthodox) than being called he is less christian by roman church