Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Yeey's Tigrays vs Sharif's AMISOM

Torres-It is simple question of are they allowed to join the war on one side or the other? Now if you wanna dispute the facts on what happaned last Saturday and Sunday, that's another story. There was no indication that AMISOM was provoked, and even if they were,there's limit to how peacekeeping force can actively participate in combat.

As for their mandate, for it to be legal, they must have the consent of all the parties involved in the conflict. We all know Al-Shabaab has opposed them from day one day!

Xiin...Your story of benevolent peacekeepers is not flying anymore!

N.O.R.F   

^One minute it's 'they went 'beyond' their mandate in terms of self defence' and next it's 'they are not allowed to join the war' and in between you're saying AMISOM pushed them too far back. Make your mind up mate. What is it?

Che, give it a rest would you?lol You sound so confusing now. If you are against their presence in Somali soul, there is no need of talking about what their mandate should be.

Gheelle, it's because of che that good ngonge retired from sol politics :D

ngonge once thought that che is a man who can walk on waters when it comes to debating with nomads,and driving his points home. that is no more

i am gonna compose eulogy for che's passing :D . what a great man

NGONGE   

^^ I am letting him fight the good fight for me. He's doing well too. Once he had Norf cornered the AMISOM of you and Gheele joined the argument. :D

^Xiin, even Sharif's denunciation of Ugandan mercenaries wouldn't register in your minds. It is hard to argue someone with someone who won't accept the flaws in their argument.

So, why do you support the Ugandan presence?

Let NGONGE speak for himself.

Che, you should rather stick with your earlier argument of them being an occupying force, this mandate things is kinda getting boring!

Ngonge, war maxaa ku soo ceshay? You are giving che a false hope now, look what you did to us. :D

:D:D @NG

Che, we see Ugandan troops as a temporary measure to empower the tfg. and we support tfg because is the only realistic alternative today in somalia that is seeking settlement with other actors in somali conflict. it's very hard to argue that Ugandan troops occupy somalia. even those who oppose them don’t make such silly argument. what they are instead aiming is to do away with tfg so this part of somalia becomes a territory they control. and in the event such objective is achieved even you have no clue what their next step would be. but if the tfg prevails i can at least depict a reconciliation path that could go forward. it may not be the best but it would be practical one.

that is the big picture :D ya Che. troop movement and their tactical maneuverings to get the upper hand are minor details brother. It’s akin for decrying when alshabaab’s kill or maim…it’s a war. the question worthy wrestling is whether this conflict and bloodshed is necessary

NGONGE   

^^ The mandate thing is what supporters of Sh. Sharif use when we tell them that AMISOM are not that much different to the Ethiopians. The self-defence argument is also what they use when we confront them with stories of AMISOM firing on Somali neighbourhoods. Che is correct in using BOTH in his argument whilst still insisting that he is against the presence of such troops in the first place. There is no contradiction at all.

^^Contradiction is not what I am accusing of che. that is not my style. i want him to see the big picture and forget small details of teh conflict

reread my point xaaji

NGONGE   

^^ Crossed wires. That reply was to Gheelle.

I see your point and fully agree with you on the general idea. But the devil is ALWAYS in the detail, saaxib.

NG, AMISOM are there to protect this TFG government and Che never acknowledged that simple merit. To him, they were always occupation force and now he dying to prove how they have broken a mandate set by UN or AU. What's the point of arguing that I asked? He kept regurgitating the same tiresome points.

I don't even think Che really supports AS or any one group in Somalia, he is just stubborn Punjabi. :D:D