Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Britain is leaving once-stable Somaliland to the mercy of al-Shabaab Islamist militan

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Better governing can be done as a unit within Somalia. Its not a reason to create a seperate nation. Again if Britian can have Scots, Irish, Welsh and the English together. The small clans of the North West with their other small clan brothers in the North east and south should stay together.

Has the United of these small clans ever worked for the people of former Somalia(maybe to some, but it wasn't mutual)? It simply wont work in my opinions. That's the reason why I am a seperatist not because I don't want to identify myself with other Somalis. Somaliland is just better of. Somaliland is better of now than prior to the former Somalia civil war.

NGONGE   

^^ That argument was not the reason why I picked on your post. Don't go all shy on me and cover up now, saaxib. You questioned the author's contention and used the UK as an example. Well, in Scotland, the Scottish National Party was unanimously elected to rule that part of the UK. The main policy of that party is to secede from the UK. The fact that they have not done it yet is neither here nor there. It merely cancels out your argument above. Will you still invoke irony?

NGOONGE: I don’t get your point, you support the article because you think the ill informed author will propagate the lie that Somaliland is an entity worthy of international recognition and this will help get actual recognition. I disagree and thing it’s a childish view to hold, for one the British government can not unilaterally recognize Somaliland, and also without irony we have been here before with other authors and even MP’s lobbying for the secessionist enclave and also we had Riyaales much vaunted but utter failure of a trip a few years ago to Westminster. Thus what makes you think that in today climate and with the recent bombings that have clearly shown that Somaliland suffers not only from corruption, mismanagement and clan rivalry but that also the leader of Al Shabaab is a native of Hargaysa and that it is a target like any other Somali city. How will this new development enhance the prospect for recognition when the long years of quite could not achieve it.

AfricaOwn: All of the leaders of the secessionist enclave from Riyaale, Warrabe, Silanyo, Saleban Gaal and others were educated by the tax payers of the Somali people and by the republic. Thus they and their families benefited while many did not. Its simplistic to say that the NW did not develop under the republic but outside Mogadishu Hargaysa was the only real city the rest of the country was in shambles. We are all in the same boat lads any other issues?

AYOUB   

NGOONGE:
I don’t get your point, you support the article because you think the ill informed author will propagate the lie that Somaliland is an entity worthy of ...

Eer.. excuse me for interrupting. If there's anyone here guilty of propagating the writer's views, it's the person who copied and pasted article. I didn't want trouble, just pointing out the obvious. Have a pleasant evening.

RedSea   

What’s ironic is that Britain is made up of nations with their own different history and languages, you have Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland as well the English. Each has a different flag, a different football team. Yet to the ***** who wrote the article Somaliweyn is a crazy idea. While we are a single nation with a single language and a single religion. We dont even have anything comparable to the Protestant & Catholic denominations unlike Great Britian. But hey he is white and we are silly Africans they can lecture and hoodwink.

heh! I havent seen you this inspirational EVER. lool what gives. :D